Bigger window mode

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lonewolf

Bigger window mode

Post by Lonewolf »

BTW I have owned the original WITP since it came out and it used to run on my older Win2K and WinXP machines. Now that I am using a Win7 quad core laptop, I find the old version very CPU inefficient. Time to upgrade.

I have looked at various threads in the forum and the readme. However I cannot get the Windowed mode to take up more of my screen.

Here are my machine specs:
ASUS N53SV DH72, Win7 Home 64 bit, i7-2670QM 2.2Ghz, 16GB RAM, screen res: 1920 x 1080.

I don't want full screen. I have enough firepower even in quiet mode to handle few things going at the same time.

I have modified the Quick Launch shortcut to hopefully having the game UI to take up good chunk of my on screen real estate. If I launch in Normal Window mode, the game interface takes up no more than the old windowed mode of the good old WITP in -wd mode. Maximizing the window is not helping since the real UI only takes up part of the maximized window.

This is what the command line looks like:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -wd –px1700 –py1050 -deepColor -skipVideo -r -cpu4

See screen shot for the result.

I am hoping I can make it as big as my browser (Chrome) in the background. If it has to be maximized, that will be fine since I can get to whatever else I need using the task bar.

Please advise.

Attachments
WITPwindowed.jpg
WITPwindowed.jpg (540.75 KiB) Viewed 30 times
H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War In The Pacific: AE
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Cpt Sherwood

RE: Bigger window mode

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

For you -px and -py settings, you must use a screen resolution that is supported on your system. Try -px1680 -py1050
That should be a supported resolution.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

Thank you Cpt Sherwood.

Double checked my resolution adjustment screen just to be sure. Your window size is fine on the width but height is a bit much hence part of it disappeared behind the taskbar. [:(] The next one down is 1600 x 900 which works great.

Time to try invading Australia in the Guadalcanal period playing as Japanese. I noticed they took the scenario called South Pacific (Hypothetical).

H. Lo

Previously played:
Uncommon Valor
War In The Pacific: AE
War Plan Orange
Steel Panthers series
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

You can right click on the toolbar, select properties, and then select auto hide. That will free up the bottom of the display.

I kind of like full screen:

Attachments
full screen.jpg
full screen.jpg (376.73 KiB) Viewed 31 times
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
kevin_hx

Post by kevin_hx »

The screen resolution was only supported by 16:10.
So, the resolution with 1700X1050 was not supported by AE.
If the part of the game screen is behind the taskbar, you may scroll up the taskbar to right or left of the win7 screen.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx

If the part of the game screen is behind the taskbar, you may scroll up the taskbar to right or left of the win7 screen.

It could be, I don't have a monitor that is not 16:10. I have a 24" 1920x1200 and a 30" 2560 x 1600. They are both 16:10 monitors. I just know that you have to use a screen resolution that your monitor supports, not any random resolution.
kevin_hx

Post by kevin_hx »

ORIGINAL: Cpt Sherwood

ORIGINAL: kevin_hx

It could be, I don't have a monitor that is not 16:10. I have a 24" 1920x1200 and a 30" 2560 x 1600. They are both 16:10 monitors. I just know that you have to use a screen resolution that your monitor supports, not any random resolution.
That's right.
If you want to use window mode in game, you should use resolution supported by AE such as 16:10 or 4:3.
And if you use full screen mode only, any resolution is supported by AE which is not lower than 1024X768.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Does not have to be on those ratios. For resolution in windowed mode I have "-pxf1920 -pyf1018" on a desktop and "-px1366 -py768" on a laptop

Return to “Tech Support”