Test Mod Campaign 1914

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kirk23

Test Mod Campaign 1914

Post by kirk23 »

I'm working on a new 1914 - 18 Grand Campaign, at the present time it's just called ( TEST ).

ANYONE WHO HAS FOLLOWED ME ON THE WAR PLAN ORANGE FORUM,KNOWS THAT I DON'T DO THINGS IN HALF MEASURES,THIS SCENARIO IS GOING TO BE A TOTAL DEPARTURE FROM WHAT HAS GONE BEFORE,BIGGER AND BETTER IN EVERY WAY,BE THAT ON LAND,SEA OR AIR ![:)]

What is different about this campaign, well in a nut shell everything! One of the things that I don't like about the game, is the total lack of units at games start, any other game I have played world war 1, gives you far more units to play with. So to address this, I have increased starting forces for all nation's,photo shows Austria/Hungary at game start.

Note that all cities are garrisoned,plus there is an Artillery unit from the start as well.Also highlighted is the cruiser unit at Cattaro, there is a port now at Cattaro,and the cruiser has limited bombardment capabilities,it's unit strengths have also been slightly tweaked,as has most other units in game.

To accommodate all of these increased units, I have upped the starting PP's etc.This mod will be made available to,anyone wishing to have a new more indepth challenging campaign.[;)]

The game is very good at present,and with patches I'm sure will be better still,but this scenario for me at least,fixes most off what I believe is wrong with game as it stands,and for me makes it far more historical.

Even with the latest patch,the naval game is still miles away from being fixed,in this scenario Battlefleets will be far more durable,they will take severe damage,but believe me they will live to fight another day,they return to port and get repaired,none of the fantasy that happens in game at the moment, with entire battlefleets going bottom's up.[:-]

Also if you are a player that disbands your battlefleets,beware a 50% morale penalty is in place for Germany & Britain.

As mentioned earlier,cruiser's also play a much more important and versatile roll,in that they can now bombard amongst other things.

Submarine warfare is also much improved,after many many hours of play testing.On average submarines do 2 points damage to Convoys / Transports per attack,and 1 or 2 points damage to Cruisers,Battleships unless already crippled,have very little to fear per submarine attack.

The land campaign has not been overlooked either,there are major changes in place here also,for a start Germany now has the Fortress at Metz.[:'(]

I will post updates with more in game photo's so please watch this space cheers.[:D]

Attachments
Austrianf..tilities.jpg
Austrianf..tilities.jpg (561.4 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Make it so!
kirk23

RE: Test Mod Campaign 1914

Post by kirk23 »

German unit's at game start,note Zeppelin near Cuxhaven,also Germany has 3 U Boat units, 2 in the Baltic,1 in the Jade.Reason behind this is easy,at wars start Germany had approx 29 U Boats in service, most of these were coastal boats,and at 10 U Boats per unit = 3 unit counters.[:)]

Total German Naval Forces =

3 x Battleships.

5 x Cruisers.

3 x Submarines.

All German cities are also garrisoned,plus METZ Fortress near western front as per history.[;)]

If anyone is wondering how each nation can accommodate so many unit's,I have altered the free upkeep total allowed too 50.[:D]

Attachments
Germanforces.jpg
Germanforces.jpg (609.05 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

In the Constructions.Lua standard game,Prague is listed under German Cities,I have moved it back to Austria.[;)]

Attachments
Praguerel..Austria..jpg
Praguerel..Austria..jpg (145.55 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Anyone wanting to play about with the in game.Lua settings, you can do it easily just remember to always backup your data first.[:)]

Attachments
GameLuaf..easily..jpg
GameLuaf..easily..jpg (152.11 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

U Boat targets Transport in the English Channel.

Attachments
UBoatatt..channel..jpg
UBoatatt..channel..jpg (261.25 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Make it so!
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

It sounds great what you are trying to do.
All the best with this project. [:)][:)][:)]
Richard
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

[&o]
where do I enlist?
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks guys,this scenario takes the game by the scruff,and really lets its hair down,keep watching there is a lot more to come.[:)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cities of Suez and Port Said added to the game.[:D]

Attachments
Citiesof..hegame..jpg
Citiesof..hegame..jpg (84.63 KiB) Viewed 736 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

NOVO-GEORGIEVSK Fortress added to the map.[;)]

Attachments
NovoGeorg..ssadded.jpg
NovoGeorg..ssadded.jpg (63.32 KiB) Viewed 735 times
Make it so!
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

This could turn out to be as good as the Grand Strategy Mod for Commander Europe At War.
[:)][:)][:)]
Richard
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Thanks again,the mod is taking shape very well now,at present time I'm checking the map for missing important Cities,Fortresses & Ports.[8D]

If any gamers have spotted a favourite missing map location etc ,please let me know and I will added them if possible cheers![;)]
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have done a historical search,and Turkey had important active ports at Gaza & Beirut so they are now in game.[8D]

With the simple addition off these Turkish ports,the Central Powers now have more tactical option in the MED.Turkey, German + Austria could send Cruisers & Submarines etc, over to the ports at Gaza & Beirut,and disrupt the Entente near the Suez canal,these ports also act as repair bases for the Central Power forces.[;)]

BEIRUT PORT HISTORY.

The name of Beirut Port has been mentioned since the fifteenth century BC in the mutual letters of the Pharaohs and the Phoenicians, and during the Roman Era, it was developed into a commercial and economic center. During the Omayyad Era, the Port of Beirut became the center for the First Arabic Fleet. As for the Crusaders Era, the Port of Beirut had an important role in the maritime trade between East and West. This role had been fortified during the Mameluke Era when it was turned into a commercial center visited by pilgrims of the Holy Lands. By the end of the 19th century, the current Port of Beirut had been founded.

Attachments
Turkeywit..edports.jpg
Turkeywit..edports.jpg (198.66 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Make it so!
kirk23

RE: Harder Serbia.

Post by kirk23 »

Serbia is now a much harder nut to crack,in this mod,more Cities & unit types added![;)]

Attachments
Serbiais..ocrack..jpg
Serbiais..ocrack..jpg (155.29 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I have been extremely busy adding stuff for France,picture shows some new Cities + Units.

Cities added are.

Rennes,Caen,Amiens,Reims,Nancy,Mulhouse,Montpellier & Toulon![:D]

Just added not in the picture City of Lille on the Belgium boarder![;)]

Attachments
Francenew..iesetc..jpg
Francenew..iesetc..jpg (234.27 KiB) Viewed 738 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

French fleet in the Med!

Attachments
FrenchMed..anfleet.jpg
FrenchMed..anfleet.jpg (89.37 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Make it so!
CaptainRockwellTorry

Post by CaptainRockwellTorry »

Kirk23, where did all your mods go? I just got the game working with patch 1.30, and wanted to try your mods out, and they seem to have disappeared! I'm not out here as much, because I moved and don't have internet access unless I watch my Grand Kids over at my daugthers house, so I've kind of lost touch. But I really wanted to use your naval mods in this game, as they looked like you had made a big improvement in the game itself.

Regards:
CaptainRockwellTorry
Oops!
Captain Eric Finlander
U.S.S. Bedford DLG 113
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

My naval mods,Pre-Dreadnoughts,Armoured Cruisers & Battlecruisers have been shelved at the moment,I'm not planning on doing any more art,because of lack of interest within the forum.I still have all the things I have worked on saved on my hard drive,I can email you them if you would like,but to use them requires a duplicate install of the game on your system,as they are not compatible with the standard game,mainly because if you patch the game again in the future,it over writes all the settings for the mod,which is a total pain in the neck.The same goes for the mod I'm working on at the moment,it's completely different from the standard game,so it needs a separate install.[;)]
Make it so!
CaptainRockwellTorry

Post by CaptainRockwellTorry »

Well, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would be happy if you could E-mail me your naval mods. Also this campaign of yours looks really good! Any idea when you might be going to release it?
I wasn't aware there was a lack of interest in your naval mods. I was certainly interested, but wasn't even able to get the game to run, until they released the 1.30 patch. Anyway thanks as always for your hard work on these mods, I feel you efforts are going to make this game much more
enjoyable, at least for me, as the naval part is much more interesting to me than it would appear to be to everyone else!

Regards:
CaptainRockwellTorry
Oops!
Captain Eric Finlander
U.S.S. Bedford DLG 113
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

TEST MOD NOW COMPLETE DOWNLOAD HERE THANK YOU.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23656807 ... forces.zip
Make it so!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”