U.S. CVL resize problem

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

towers58

U.S. CVL resize problem

Post by towers58 »

Playing DaBabes.

My fighters squadrons start out capped @12 on CVL's, with a resize to 24 in November of '43. It is now December of '43 but I haven't had any of the squadrons bump up. I have the resize authorized, replacements on, in a port with ample supply (Pearl), with 000's of available aircraft.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
seille

RE: CVL resize problem

Post by seille »

Do you have additional air units aboard these CVLs ?
If yes, i would remove the additional groups and keep only one group you want to resize.

I would then build a CV TF, add the CVL and disband immediately.

Thats what i would try.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

You need aircraft in pool to resize.
As long as the pool is empty no resize and no replacement of lost planes.
WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta
spence

Post by spence »

I think the meaning of 000s of aircraft in the pool is 1000x aircraft in the pool- that is to say no lack of replacement a/c in the pool.

Strangely the enormous logistics organization of the USA in WWII which, other than in the immediate aftermath of Pearl Harbor, created the God of "Cargo" in the South Pacific has a terrible time replacing anything for anybody anywhere unless you exactly and precisely organize everything just so. If it is any better for the Japanese Player I don't know but I have to say that there is a point where logistics management just becomes boring (I suppose that is the experience of many veterans but it is not what draws one to the game).
pnzrgnral

Post by pnzrgnral »

Although I haven't checked for this in the manual, I've noticed that with each and every squadron resize of US CV & CVL's, they are in port. Also assume that the port has plenty of supply. I have NOT seen resizing occur when ships are at sea. Hope this helps.
Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
d0mbo

Post by d0mbo »

Try putting the CVL in a TF, then immediately disband it again into port. The group should resize then, if all conditions as mentioned are met.

Good luck.

d0mbo.

seille

Post by seille »

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Try putting the CVL in a TF, then immediately disband it again into port. The group should resize then, if all conditions as mentioned are met.

Good luck.

d0mbo.

I already told him to do this. See post 2.
towers58

Post by towers58 »

No luck with any of these suggestions. Anyone have another tactic?

Thanks.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I might ask, checked the administration skill of the group commander? The air skill of the TF or CVL commander? I wouldn't disband the TF by the way. Do you have replacements turned on? If nothing else works, perhaps try upgrading (or downgrading) the aircraft model. Sometimes that works when replacements are available for your current model, but they just don't come even when it doesn't say "replacements delayed". Once the resize occurs you can upgrade back to the original model.

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: towers58

No luck with any of these suggestions. Anyone have another tactic?

Thanks.

Aircraft resize should work automatically and without complication. Check the unit. Do you have it set to "do not resize?" Also some units cannot be resized. (American not sure about Japanese) In additon you you should also be able to manually set just about any carrier group to resize up to the limit of the carrier. I see you are a new player. Are you running the latest patch?

A screen shot of the air unit would be a big help.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

A few posts have referenced "ample" or "plenty" of supply. Those are very imprecise terms. Check that the amount specified in s.7.3 of the manual exists. Even a Pearl Harbor with "ample" supply may not meet the threshold listed in the manual.

Failing that, screenshots of the unit in question + the base please to avoid guessing what is the problem.

Alfred
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I just had the same trouble; they wouldn't re-size while in a port with large airbase and plenty of supply

I unloaded them off the ship, and they re-sized the next turn; try that. Just fix the size of Avenger unit before doing so, so it doesn't turn into a large unit by accident
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Different areas have difficulties somehow. India (for the allies) in particular takes forever to collect available replacements, both for the Commonwealth and for the US. Patience.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”