CTD (repeat verified) Beta 4.4.262

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

mllange

CTD (repeat verified) Beta 4.4.262

Post by mllange »

Installed on a recent computer with Windows 8 (64 bit OS) in a non-protected directory (Matrix Games/etc.)

The game starts and plays fine, however whenever I select anything from the menu options (save, load, etc.,) either within the game or anything except new game from the starting menu, the game crashes to the desktop, making it impossible to load saved games or to save new games. I've changed the compatibility settings, run as administrator, etc. to no effect.

Any ideas? Has anyone else encountered similar problems with the game on Window 8?

I have a lot of games installed on this system now and have had no problems of any sort up to this time with Windows 8.
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(63.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
BletchleyGeek

RE: CTD (repeat verified) Beta 4.4.262

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: nim8or

Installed on a recent computer with Windows 8 (64 bit OS) in a non-protected directory (Matrix Games/etc.)

The game starts and plays fine, however whenever I select anything from the menu options (save, load, etc.,) either within the game or anything except new game from the starting menu, the game crashes to the desktop, making it impossible to load saved games or to save new games. I've changed the compatibility settings, run as administrator, etc. to no effect.

Any ideas? Has anyone else encountered similar problems with the game on Window 8?

I have a lot of games installed on this system now and have had no problems of any sort up to this time with Windows 8.

nim8or,

after running the game, do you have a file called

SaveFileLocPref.cfg

in the CmdOps folder? If you don't, can you drop the following one on your folder (editing the path so it matches the path to the 'Saved Games' folder of your installation)?
Attachments
SaveFileLocPref.zip
(222 Bytes) Downloaded 11 times
mllange

Post by mllange »

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

nim8or,

SaveFileLocPref.cfg

in the CmdOps folder? If you don't, can you drop the following one on your folder (editing the path so it matches the path to the 'Saved Games' folder of your installation)?

Bletchley_Geek,

No, the file was not there, but it is now. :) Problem solved! Quick and easy, just the way I like it.
Many thanks!
-Umberto Eco
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

ORIGINAL: nim8or

ORIGINAL: Bletchley_Geek

nim8or,

SaveFileLocPref.cfg

Bletchley_Geek,

No, the file was not there, but it is now. :) Problem solved! Quick and easy, just the way I like it.
Many thanks!

Man, believe me it was sort of a blind guess. Let's say the Force guided me :)
BletchleyGeek

Post by BletchleyGeek »

Allright, with the info conveyed by the above working I found a problem in the code which is now fixed.
mllange

Post by mllange »

Good to hear, I certainly appreciate the quick response.
-Umberto Eco

Return to “Tech Support”