DLC Scenarios?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

vufinder

RE: DLC Scenarios?

Post by vufinder »

Is everyone moving core units to the next DLC or starting from scratch?

I played Panzer General in the good old days and decided to try Panzer Corps and the Campaign Megapack. I haven't been disappointed. I needed a few reruns of the first few scenarios on the default settings to get up to speed and and eventually achieved decisive victories in the '39 campaign. I didn't have a clue how to best handle the naval aspect of the final Narvik scenario and allowed the enemy destroyers to sail right into Narvik causing a bit of chaos on the way (especially when they dropped anchor at bridges). Despite this I destroyed all the enemy capital ships while retaining all of mine (badly mauled).

My core units were adequate for the Narvik campaign but completely useless for carrying over to the first scenario of the '40 campaign (Eben-Emael) and I lacked prestige points to buy more suitable units. Switching to the default units provided by the scenario made a decisive victory possible at the first attempt.

As others have said elsewhere, you really need to build up a good range of reserve units but I was never able to gather enough prestige points to do this. Perhaps I shall do a rerun at some time to see if I can do better but for now I'm working my way through a first attempt at the complete campaign series and am really looking forward to being mangled by the Red Army [:(]
Waldorf: I have half a mind to leave.
Statler: If you had half a mind, you wouldn't be here.
rodney727

RE: DLC Scenarios?

Post by rodney727 »

This is my only problem with PC you have to do all the work to play them when indeed in fact they should be playable from the start.
ORIGINAL: tommict

Are the scenarios in the DLCs able to be played individually? I have '39 and '40 but do not see the individual scenarios listed on the product page when I open the scenario list on the opening screen of the game.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Return to “Panzer Corps”