The Deal of the Week, part two!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Philkian

The Deal of the Week, part two!

Post by Philkian »

Here comes the second deal of the week for all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming.

From 6th to 12th of May, Steel Panthers - Generals Edition will be sold at $29.99/$39.99 (Digital/Boxed version) and Uncommon Valor will be sold at $19,99/$29,99 (Digital/Boxed version), which is a discount of up to 57 %!

Visit the Matrix Games Store, choose your favorite of the two games (or better both of them!), add them to the cart and enjoy a wargaming party!

Take advantage of this Deal and come back next week: new Deals will be knocking on your door.
Ranger33

RE: The Deal of the Week, part two!

Post by Ranger33 »

I've been very tempted by the Steel Panthers Generals Edition before...yep I think I will pull the trigger on this one!
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Is SP:GE compatible with Windows 7?
No problem Chief!
parusski

Post by parusski »

That is a heck of a deal. I think I paid about $80 or so for SPWAW General's Edition.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Max 86

No, no matter what I do, I can't get it to run. Customers beware!
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I don't have the game but i saw that there's a windows 7 fix in the forum of the game...

Cheers
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

ORIGINAL: Anguille

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

I don't have the game but i saw that there's a windows 7 fix in the forum of the game...

Cheers
It don't work for me, but I'm a computer illiterate.
Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. »

Well, sort off. You may be required to run the game on only one cpu core if you have a multi-core cpy and use a little tool to fix some color palette issues.
More details can be found in this thread Windows 7 *GUARANTEED* fix

You may try the Free Version first found here.
tm.asp?m=1713246
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The above thread is the one to read. SPWAW is not officially listed as Windows 7 or 8 compatible, as it doesn't "just work" out of the box, but can be made to work if you use the above work-arounds.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
heyhellowhatsnew

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

The fix works for me. Going to do a little more research on the game before buying it. Any opinions on this game would help a lot please. Thanks :)

For example, am I just paying for the Mega Campaigns? What are "Mega Campaigns"? Are there any other fixes like screen resolution? Etc Etc
OldBlackNerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The Mega Campaigns are one of a kind (well, several, but there's nothing else like them that I've seen) and only available for SPWAW. Massive campaigns that each follow a historical campaign with plenty of historical references, player choices before each battle, branching options, etc. Back when I was playing SPWAW regularly, these were the pinnacle of SP gameplay IMHO.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Max 86

Post by Max 86 »

Thanks for the answers. I guess I will pass on this sale. Don't want to spend $30 on a 'maybe it will work if you do some tricks' type of game. Hopefully Matrix will put games on sale that work with current operating systems instead of these old XP compatible games.
No problem Chief!
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Just bought and tried on Win 7 with the fix in the link, works just fine. Takes maybe 2 minutes to do.

Thanks for the answers. I guess I will pass on this sale. Don't want to spend $30 on a 'maybe it will work if you do some tricks' type of game. Hopefully Matrix will put games on sale that work with current operating systems instead of these old XP compatible games.
histgamer

Post by histgamer »

Can someone tell me, is UV worth it? I have WiTP and WiTP AE and those cover the area and have scenario's that cover the time as well. However, I know UV uses a 30 mile hex? So the scale is a bit different. Other than that is it worth the investment or will I get the exact same experience from a mini WiTP AE campaign?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Max 86,

We already did put other games on sale and there are more deals of the week on the way. The entire idea behind this though was to test some sales on our back catalog. These are great games and in fact this one does work with Windows 7 but we can't advertise it as such because it does not work perfectly out of the box. The work-around exists (instead of an official update) only because it is no longer in active development and was originally released in 2000, though updated for many years thereafter.

In any case, I understand your decision, but it's not "maybe" it will work, it will work but just not out of the box. The work-around works fine.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The scale is quite different and IMHO gives a different experience as a result. It makes scenarios like Guadalcanal and the battles for New Guinea a bit more interesting than at the larger scale which is more focused on the war as a whole. I think it's a good "mini-WITP". The only thing is the interface is older, but if you don't mind the original WITP interface you should be fine with UV.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
samspackman

Post by samspackman »

If AUD > USD (and has been for a couple of years now), why is SPWAW $29.99 USD and $31.99 AUD?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

It's basically 1:1 if you're a bank but we are charged a higher rate for the currency conversion which we have to pass along in order to keep the actual revenue per copy the same. That means that the price ends up slightly higher than 1:1. This is the same for every price in a currency other than USD as our store finances are based on USD and has to convert for any other currency.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

Does UV work with WIN 8 or have a work around? I have SP (free version) downloaded and it works fine on my WIN XP desktop. I would like to get the sale SPWAW-GE and download it to my new laptop with WIN 8. Will the WIN 7 workaround work with WIN 8?
JRR
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

As far as I know, UV works fine on Windows 8. I can double check that tomorrow. Yes, the Windows 7 work-around should work fine with Windows 8. I can also double-check that.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”