Taking time out for awhile

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wodin

Taking time out for awhile

Post by wodin »

I've decided to take time away from the forum..maybe for good or maybe just awhile.

As some know I have a pit tumour which effects my personality, mood swings, no patience, say things maybe I should keep to myself etc etc. The tumour is on the Pituatory Gland which deals with all the hormones in your body aswell as adrenal gland and thyroid. This is probably not a good thing to have while being on a forum. It certainly gets me into trouble here as I end up speaking my mind where sometimes it's best kept to oneself. Some people with this tumour will say they don't know half the time if it's them speaking or the tumour. Those close to me have seen a big change BUT they understand where as on a forum you can just look like a trouble maker etc which is to be expected.

I know I've really rocked the boat here between Iain and myself..most likely beyond any reconciliation. I just can't stop myself from questioning or putting my thoughts forward even when it could cause trouble.

I will still check here at how certain games are coming on but I wont be posting..I will become a lurker;).

Had some great times over the last ten years here and met some great people..thanks.

Jason
vonRocko

RE: Taking time out for awhile

Post by vonRocko »

Wodin, I'm sorry for your health problems and I hope everything will work out for you in the end. I'll miss your posts, and the info you share. I don't know what happened with you and Iain, but I hope you reconsider your decision. I wish you luck for whatever the future holds.[:)]
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

I agree, its been fun but all good things come to an end .......
Raverdave

Post by Raverdave »

Take care mate.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Take care of yourself and come back soon...

I think you had some good questions but sometimes it's better not to ask. I don't like mysteries either but i burnt myself in forums a while back and try to be as "political correct" as possible and focus on games.

Cheers
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

All the very best to you, wodin. I don't post here often unless I have an issue with a game or suchlike but I've found your posts mainly informative and interesting. Don't take too long in coming back.

wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

Take care and I hope for the best with you and your health issues.
Flipper
kemmo

Post by kemmo »

Wodin I,ve read your posts on this and other forums for some time,you,ve sure had a lot to say ,most of which I have agreed with,some I haven't,but it's allways been interesting.Hope everything works out OK for you.
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

Those pit tumours can be really nasty.

Look after your health Wodin.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Well my fine feathered friend, I for one have NEVER found you to be rude or inappropriate. Your hair may be to long, but I overlooked that. I hope you and your daughter do well, keep in touch.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wodin

I've decided to take time away from the forum..maybe for good or maybe just awhile.

As some know I have a pit tumour which effects my personality, mood swings, no patience, say things maybe I should keep to myself etc etc. The tumour is on the Pituatory Gland which deals with all the hormones in your body aswell as adrenal gland and thyroid. This is probably not a good thing to have while being on a forum. It certainly gets me into trouble here as I end up speaking my mind where sometimes it's best kept to oneself. Some people with this tumour will say they don't know half the time if it's them speaking or the tumour. Those close to me have seen a big change BUT they understand where as on a forum you can just look like a trouble maker etc which is to be expected.

I know I've really rocked the boat here between Iain and myself..most likely beyond any reconciliation. I just can't stop myself from questioning or putting my thoughts forward even when it could cause trouble.

I will still check here at how certain games are coming on but I wont be posting..I will become a lurker;).

Had some great times over the last ten years here and met some great people..thanks.

Jason
warspite1

I hope things improve for you on the health front wodin. All the best.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Get better soon!
shunwick

Post by shunwick »

Wodin,

Keep well.

Best wishes,
Steve
I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...
Jevhaddah

Post by Jevhaddah »

Wodin thar be no need for yoo to go anywhere mate. We all have our little issues and if people don't like what yoo type they can put yoo on ignore or just not read yer posts.

Thar be no need for yoo to isolate yerself none of us are perfect.... well my wife is (she is looking as I type).. [:D]

Cheers

Jev
I am really quite mad yoo know!
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

That's a fact.....jack! I agree[:)]
ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Wodin thar be no need for yoo to go anywhere mate. We all have our little issues and if people don't like what yoo type they can put yoo on ignore or just not read yer posts.

Thar be no need for yoo to isolate yerself none of us are perfect.... well my wife is (she is looking as I type).. [:D]

Cheers

Jev
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

I've never had issues with you and you always seemed to have a good thought or two. Usually, 1 or 2 better than I have. :)
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Get well Wodin!
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi Wodin,

I understand this is a condition that can be treated? If so, I hope you are able to recover, get well and return at some point.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I suppose I'll still see you at SHQ, ain't so Mr. Costa?
I hope so. [:)]

Return to “General Discussion”