Federation and Empire!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

PHILLIPD

Federation and Empire!

Post by PHILLIPD »

Has anyone thought about making a Federation and Empire Star Trek Mod?

Attachments
20130505..MUPLOAD.jpg
20130505..MUPLOAD.jpg (50.19 KiB) Viewed 93 times
Igard

RE: Federation and Empire!

Post by Igard »

Hey PhillipD,

Some of my Kirk era ships are based on designs from the Starfleet Battles games. I'm not sure what the exact setting is for Federation and Empire, but I'm guessing it's TOS? In that case the closest you'll get is my Kirk Era mod. It's only for Return of the Shakturi at this time though.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for though. I don't know enough about the Starfleet Battle games.
PHILLIPD

Post by PHILLIPD »

YES! I do have that MOD, but haven't looked at it yet. I've only had DW (including ROTS & Legends)for a month now. So far only played 3 times of which only once to completion, and only because I caught a cold from a co-worker. I was out on sick leave for a week (only 1.5 days capable of thinking straight enough to play though).
I am mostly interested in the races from that time period. I also really like playing Star Fleet Command when it came out a few years ago, but want something more like... Distant Worlds!

Thanks, can't wait to get sick again.

P.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Ach! I hate getting so sick I can't play games!

Most of the ship images I used were from the Starfleet Command games.

If it's the Lyrans, Hydrans and all those races you want, then the Spock era mod is the one for you. It's not set in the original series though, it's closer to the time of The Motion Picture. Again, it's only for Return of the Shakturi.
Antarian

Post by Antarian »

The Kirk mod works fine in Legends too, just use the Picard era mod and overlay it with the TOS Mod. I also added a bunch of earlier TOS era characters. Im kit bashing Kzin in at the moment, already have Feds, Klingons, Rommies and Gorn. Some races, like the Tholians, make no sense as there is no web generator/caster in the game.
"If there are gods, they do not care, and justice always goes to the strong. But remember this: All that is done before the naked stars is remembered" Klingon proverb.

Return to “Design and Modding”