HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
rsitaly

HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt

Post by rsitaly »

Hello!

I like the possibility to play using the old DOS and WINDOWS versions (I'm speaking of all the classic versions installed by ULTIMATE) but I have a doubt; the technical notes states:
"The launcher makes registry changes when running the Windows versions (except HCE) so if you have other copies of the Windows versions installed you may find the BattlesetPath is pointing to the HC20 version of the game after running it via the launcher."

For "other copies of the Windows versions" it means others versions in addition to those installed by the ULTIMATE installer or the problem can occurs also with the versions installed by the ULTIMATE installer? I have only the ones installed by the ULTIMATE installer and I'd love to play again HC97 or HC2002 GOLD ones ...

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

TonyE

RE: HUCE windows legacy versions registry settings doubt

Post by TonyE »

If you only are using the copies that come with the Ultimate Edition you will be fine. For others who do use lots of different installs the 'fix' is to click the BattleSets button when at the BattleSet selector and point it to the proper folder/directory.
Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Tech Support”