LCU Movement Question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Uncivil Engineer

LCU Movement Question

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this in the manual or in the forum: Can an LCU in an enemy occupied hex move directly to another enemy occupied hex? I would think not. And actions in a current PBEM seem to confirm. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.
castor troy

RE: LCU Movement Question

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Uncivil Engineer

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this in the manual or in the forum: Can an LCU in an enemy occupied hex move directly to another enemy occupied hex? I would think not. And actions in a current PBEM seem to confirm. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

take a look at the ZOC in the game, any unit can cross a friendly ZOC from one hex into another, doesn't matter if enemy units are in the same hex or not.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

Check:
tm.asp?m=3073247&mpage=1&key=hexside?

and go to post #8 from Alfred... best answer I have found so far for all potential LCU movements

answer is: yes under certain circumstances, most likely not
Uncivil Engineer

Post by Uncivil Engineer »

Thanks to both of you (and Alfred) for the answer. It's a definite MAYBE. Hex control (or occupation) is less important than hexSIDE control.
Insano

Post by Insano »

as a corollary question to this - is there a way to force a unit to enter a hex over a particular hexside? I am trying to close hex sides but depending on terrain a unit will likely move through another hex instead of directly to an adjacent hex. It does this because it is faster to take advantage of existing road networks. For movement this is good. For combat maneuver this is not good.

I thought there was a trick to getting a unit to march directly to an adjacent hex. Shift - click or Control - click or something like that but I can't figure out how to make it work. Anybody know what I am talking about here?

Return to “The War Room”