Disbanding Air Groups

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

darken92

Disbanding Air Groups

Post by darken92 »

Just started a new game as Japan and need some clarification.

I upgraded an air group thinking the old plnes would go to the pool and they did not.

Tried moving aircraft from the reserve on some of air groups, was hoping they would go bck to the pool. I seem to recall that there was a chance they would but also a chance they would not. Any one know what happens?

Thanks
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...
I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate...
All those... moments will be lost... in time. Like... tears... in rain."
Quixote

RE: Disbanding Air Groups

Post by Quixote »

I believe there's a delay before they hit the pool. This prevents the original WitP move of placing planes into the pool from the Aleutians, then using those same planes the same turn to reinforce a group in India. Wait a couple of turns and see what happens.
Sardaukar

RE: Disbanding Air Groups

Post by Sardaukar »

You see it in Ops Report. There is usually "planes to pool 3 (9) F4F-4" for example, meaning 3 planes to pool that day, 9 to go.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”