Babes equivalent to scen 2

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

castor troy

Babes equivalent to scen 2

Post by castor troy »

hi

I love the changes of Babes but my PBEMs against the IJ turn out to be massacres and I'd really like to have a beefed up IJ opponent so I wonder if there is a vanilla scen 2 of Babes?

Elladan

RE: Babes equivalent to scen 2

Post by Elladan »

What you're looking for is called DaIronBabes, check here: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... aironbabes
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Elladan

What you're looking for is called DaIronBabes, check here: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswi ... aironbabes

thanks for the link, unfortunately this seems to be only playable against AI and not PBEM [:(]
Elladan

Post by Elladan »

Is it? Haven't seen anything saying so. It's a conversion of Hakko Ichiu not Ironman.
I'm starting a PBEM with scenario 30 right now as Allies and obviously would be much interested to know if what you say is true for any reason.

EDIT: Just spotted, it's in the first sentence on that page, duh. Anyway, I guess it's more about the scenario not being realistic than unplayable, basically the same story as with Scenario002.
drw61

Post by drw61 »

Castor troy, DaIronBabes should work fine for a PBEM, I used DaBigBabes-A, Stock Map, Dec.7 as a starting point and added in the scenario 2 changes.

The other link is at tm.asp?m=3075475
ORIGINAL: castor troy

ORIGINAL: Elladan

thanks for the link, unfortunately this seems to be only playable against AI and not PBEM [:(]
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

thanks guys
Symon

Post by Symon »

Hi Christian,
All the Babes scenarios were developed to play with the stock AI in the normal course, to one degree or another. BabesLite will play with any and all corresponding stock scenario AI files, just like the corresponding stock scenarios. BigBabes are a bit different. They:
1) work fairly well when playing against a Japanese AI;
2) work marginally when playing against an Allied AI;
3) are eminently suited for PBEM play.

Daryl (drw61) ported scen 02 and added the Hakko Ichiu stuff to Babes scen 28. Was good. We liked it. But it's just another BigBabes scenario with all the qualifiers. I think you will be pleased playing a PBEM game using an IronBabes scenario.

JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Hi Christian,
All the Babes scenarios were developed to play with the stock AI in the normal course, to one degree or another. BabesLite will play with any and all corresponding stock scenario AI files, just like the corresponding stock scenarios. BigBabes are a bit different. They:
1) work fairly well when playing against a Japanese AI;
2) work marginally when playing against an Allied AI;
3) are eminently suited for PBEM play.

Daryl (drw61) ported scen 02 and added the Hakko Ichiu stuff to Babes scen 28. Was good. We liked it. But it's just another BigBabes scenario with all the qualifiers. I think you will be pleased playing a PBEM game using an IronBabes scenario.

JWE

thanks mate, made my choice for my next PBEM and will move from lite to bigbabes [:)] and thanks to all the contributors once more for all the work you have put into it

cheers
Chris
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

I'm playing in PBEM DBB scen 30...and it's wonderfull!!!
Symon

Post by Symon »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy
I'm playing in PBEM DBB scen 30...and it's wonderfull!!!
And yours and Q-Balls AARs are the best I've ever seen. The way you both play the game is an inspiration. Babes was meant for folks like you.

Regards. JWE
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Original:

thanks mate, made my choice for my next PBEM and will move from lite to bigbabes and thanks to all the contributors once more for all the work you have put into it

cheers
Chris

Castor - Good for You, Mate!

You will not be disappointed, Sir!

Make sure to Tighten your Belt before starting; cause it is a whole different Ball Game.

Am very pleased that another experienced player is taking up the challenge!

Best to you,

Mac
LAV-25 2147

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”