Thank you!!

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

RoryAndersonCDT

Thank you!!

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

As a long time player of FPG I'm really glad you guys are making another game!

An operational level cold war game is something wargamers everywhere need. Plus the detail of the OOB and thus the realism and plausability of FPG makes me know that this is a must buy.

In fact FPG got me interested in the whole cold war setting.

I really hope you guys work on the nuke OOB too. Nuke weapons are very interesting operationally.

Cheers!

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
Mad Russian

RE: Thank you!!

Post by Mad Russian »

Nuke? What is Nuke?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Catgh_MatrixForum

Post by Catgh_MatrixForum »

I am looking forward to this. It was fun working on FPG back in the day.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Like FPG there will be the occasional nuke or chem strike thrown in. Both WMD weapons are special weapons and come with a cost for using them. This solves on complaint from FPG where the AI would use gas in a haphazard fashion to which chemical officers from both sides stated would not be that way. We did listen. [8D]
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
wodin

Post by wodin »

Nukes!!..Nukes!! Who doesn't like tactical nukes in a wargame!!! Excellent.

Words publishers love...NATO...WARSAW PACT and NUKES!
jday305

Post by jday305 »

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Like FPG there will be the occasional nuke or chem strike thrown in. Both WMD weapons are special weapons and come with a cost for using them. This solves on complaint from FPG where the AI would use gas in a haphazard fashion to which chemical officers from both sides stated would not be that way. We did listen. [8D]

When I was in the Army from 1986-1992 we were always lectured that the Warsaw Pact would use Chemical weapons from the start of fighting. That was why my unit was always training in Mock (sp?) suits and gas mask. It wasn't so bad in the winter time deployment at Yakima training grounds in Washingtion state but a real bear during the summer in the desert. As far as nukes...we were pretty much told to kiss your a@$ goodby. LOL
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”