Random search arcs

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jbdenney

Random search arcs

Post by jbdenney »

I assume that when the search patterns for a Air group says "Random Arcs" That the group is randomly choosing its search direction. Is this a useful function if you have only one group in an island that can only search in narrow slice (I really don't want to have to alter its search arc every turn)?

Also if I have a group on a coastal base so that a good portion of the possible "Naval Search Arc" is over land will the "random arc" function waste naval searches over dry land?

I guess in short I am curious how useful the 'Random arc" setting is for groups in quiet areas that I really don't want to micro manage.
Alfred

RE: Random search arcs

Post by Alfred »

Read this thread and the link provided in post #5.

Alfred

Edit: Oops, forgot to provide the thread.

tm.asp?m=3299579

That should do it now.
jbdenney

Post by jbdenney »

Thanks
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I tried specifying search arcs back when I played against the AI, didn't get good results and found it so time consuming. I stopped doing that, made sure I had plenty of search planes and lots of overlapping patterns and varying altitudes, but with most set at 6k. As the allies I've never had any problems finding anything, and even when a lot of the random search area is over land, occasionally the search planes spot an enemy LCU for me. I'm not sure the Japanese have this luxury (initially all the B-17s are used for search until I can replace them with B-24s), so I'm just curious. Do players find it advantageous to divide their squadrons and then give each detachment seperate search arcs, or keep them together?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”