German production imbalance in 43?

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

rmonical

German production imbalance in 43?

Post by rmonical »

Pelton gave me his turn 81. I confirmed that production of old style rifle squads continued through 1943. It appears that the armaments/personnel imbalance may be due to a imbalance in rifle squad verses tube fired weapons. Every division with old style squads I examined in late 43 was well below 50% in rifle squads and approaching 100% in weapons. This graphic is horrible (export to CSV? he whines) but it captures the notion. The produced columns are turns 81 and 133 so 1943 production. For example 2800 150 mm howitzers were produced in Pelton's game verses roughly 1200 historically. Using the arms points used in 1600 150 MM howitzers could create enough rifle squads to consume 120,000 manpower. And it would keep the TOE percentage of each closer to the same. OTOH, my source shows 8400 75 MM AT guns produced in 1943 verses barely 1100 in pelton's game. I noticed the 75 MM AT guns were closer to the rifle squad TOE percent than the other tube weapons.

Attachments
Pelton4243.jpg
Pelton4243.jpg (119.99 KiB) Viewed 63 times
morvael

RE: German production imbalance in 43?

Post by morvael »

This is caused in my opinion by no demand to build new squads, since units sit on old types. And they sit on old types because no new squads are built. Arms are spent on guns then.
morvael

Post by morvael »

The scenario is as follows :
Some new elements are always built (designed as ramp up period)
This allows some units to convert.
Rest sits on old elements slowly dying out.
New element is produced in numbers required only by the few units using it, and no extra builds up for the rest to swap.
If you manage to squeeze in a Unit or two by means of Toe juggling and regiment splitting then fine, production goes up to accommodate new total but only just.
... Meanwhile extra arms are used for guns.
rmonical

Post by rmonical »

This is caused in my opinion by no demand to build new squads, since units sit on old types. And they sit on old types because no new squads are built. Arms are spent on guns then.

Old style elements are being built. Just not in the same proportion as weapons. Some 12,000 old style squads were built in 1943.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Bear in mind that in my musings I'm only calling _old_ elements those that are _obsolete_ and cannot be built anymore, so here we may have different view on this part of the game. Throughout '43 all three types of MR squads can be built.

Return to “Tech Support”