OT: Our friend Rader...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

GreyJoy

OT: Our friend Rader...

Post by GreyJoy »

Look at what Andrew is working on! Just found it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ieuR2_XPwI

[&o]
Sardaukar

RE: OT: Our friend Rader...

Post by Sardaukar »

Not bad! [8D]
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Awesome! At least we know why he is not posting in the forums [8D]
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Well Done!
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Yes, i think he stopped playing AE for a while...he has this big project to go to space ongoing and also did win a TV show on Discovery Channell Canada ...the guy is damned brilliant![:D]
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

Yes, i think he stopped playing AE for a while...he has this big project to go to space ongoing and also did win a TV show on Discovery Channell Canada ...the guy is damned brilliant![:D]

Nice to 'know' someone famous! [:D]

A good guy. I hope if/when he comes back people will be kinder to him than they were when he figured out how to basically turn the Japanese economy into Detroit during your game.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

Impressive and Well Done, Sir!

Mac
LAV-25 2147
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

impressive video
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

What is really sad is that video contains more than 90% of what folks know about world war two. Hal
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Sorry, I fail to see any point in that video. Two minutes of what? History? I don't think so. Did anybody hear gain any insight into WWII from it? Not me.

Andrew has some pretty neat stuff going on but two minute history videos don't cut it for me. Tell him I will vote to send him into space if he promises to not make any more of these...[>:]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
wgs_explorer

Post by wgs_explorer »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Sorry, I fail to see any point in that video. Two minutes of what? History? I don't think so. Did anybody hear gain any insight into WWII from it? Not me.

I beg to differ. I can understand that no one in this forum would get anything out of his video, but I believe that there are a lot of people who might learn something. I think there is a significant portion of the population that doesn't know the slightest thing about world war II. I also think that it is a great video for the attention-deficit generation(s).

At work we have a photo that has Muhammed Ali and the Beatles in it. I have a co-worker who is almost 30 years old and doesn't know who is in that photo! Do you think he would know about world war II?

Bill
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

Extra post, sorry. Don't know how to delete this crud...
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Look at what Andrew is working on! Just found it on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... ieuR2_XPwI

[&o]

that video has "Anschluss" written wrong - "Anchluss"
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: wgs_explorer

I beg to differ. I can understand that no one in this forum would get anything out of his video, but I believe that there are a lot of people who might learn something. I think there is a significant portion of the population that doesn't know the slightest thing about world war II. I also think that it is a great video for the attention-deficit generation(s).

At work we have a photo that has Muhammed Ali and the Beatles in it. I have a co-worker who is almost 30 years old and doesn't know who is in that photo! Do you think he would know about world war II?

Bill

As a member of one of the stereotypical "attention-deficit generation(s)", I must heartily disagree with the statement and attest that it is extremely inaccurate. Which isn't to say that there aren't people my age who don't know about things like WW2 (many don't), but an affinity for technology and multitasking is better described as such than as attention deficit disorder. Information addiction (constantly refreshing facebook/twitter pages, etc.) and lack of patience for gratification, on the other hand, are valid concerns.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I was really appalled when that Presidential spokesman (Dana Perrino I think is her name) didn't know what the Cuban Missle Crisis was! That close to WWIII and it wasn't important enough for her to know.

wgs_explorer

Post by wgs_explorer »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Bill

As a member of one of the stereotypical "attention-deficit generation(s)", I must heartily disagree with the statement and attest that it is extremely inaccurate. Which isn't to say that there aren't people my age who don't know about things like WW2 (many don't), but an affinity for technology and multitasking is better described as such than as attention deficit disorder. Information addiction (constantly refreshing facebook/twitter pages, etc.) and lack of patience for gratification, on the other hand, are valid concerns.

I apologize if offense was taken. I shouldn't have used the word "generation". Maybe just "group" and whoever falls into that category--oh well. It's just that I've run across so many individuals who just don't know anything about anything other than Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Anyway, sorry Lokasenna if I caused any offense.

Bill
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Bill

I apologize if offense was taken. I shouldn't have used the word "generation". Maybe just "group" and whoever falls into that category--oh well. It's just that I've run across so many individuals who just don't know anything about anything other than Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.

Anyway, sorry Lokasenna if I caused any offense.

Bill

No apology necessary [:)]. Just see news outlets and the like casually toss ideas like that around without there being much for evidence [;)].
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I was really appalled when that Presidential spokesman (Dana Perrino I think is her name) didn't know what the Cuban Missle Crisis was! That close to WWIII and it wasn't important enough for her to know.

HOW should THIS surprise you Gorn Man?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

HOW should THIS surprise you Gorn Man?

I'm sorry John, I'm not getting you. The all caps aren't helping either, unless there was a THIS you forgot to add to your post. Are you making a point about the entire Presidential posse at that time? I'm not going to say whether I'd agree or not, we should keep political judgements out of the forum.

Now, I am offended that you called me a Gorn Man. I'm a Gorn Gorn. [:D] I merely have a human disguise I use sometimes. For instance, when I go to a restaurant in flagrante, I have trouble getting seated, let alone served. You humans are so racist.

m10bob

Post by m10bob »

"Near misses" are forgotten by many the next day. Currently, things like the Holocaust...D Day...The Battle of Britain...and more recently the original Moon Landing are being thought of as myths, or worse, propaganda.
We who were there, or knew those who were, have a responsibility to remind the younger while we can.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”