News on new game?

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

wodin

News on new game?

Post by wodin »

Any news on the next game...or has it been abandoned?

Mad Russian

RE: News on new game?

Post by Mad Russian »

Okay, I'll bite.

Which is it?

Has there been any news of the next game in more than a year or has it been abandoned?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I would like to think that abandoned is too strong of a word to use. but I also don't have any news concerning a new game in the series.

Rick
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Has there been any news for over a year now?

I'm not sure abandoned is so much an inappropriate word as it is distasteful when applied to this game series.

Good Hunting.

MR

KEYSTONE07950

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

So much promise, so little continuing support from Matrix.
I see it is now relegated to the "dust bin" forum section. Too bad. This fine game deserves better.
I support the right to arm bears!
Sgt.Fury25

Post by Sgt.Fury25 »

Surprised to see this sent to the hall of shadows.I guess you cant make money on patching games so move on.Too bad pretty good game.[:(]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Well, even with the forum being down here, I still watch for activity. I'd still like to see another game in this series, but I know that won't happen any time soon.

Thanks
rick
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

It is a shame that no new titles in this series are going to be done in the foreseeable future. IMHO, PCO beats Battlefront's CM series hands down. Don't get me wrong, I am also a big fan of CM but PCO is so much better and could be made even more so with a few additional tweaks (destruction of buildings for instance or them catching fire) and more titles or just units. To develop a tactical level simulation for us World War II fans and leave it at one, that just doesn't seem to do the game justice. I could see new titles or expansions covering Western Europe 1940 through 1945, the Mediterranean campaigns, North Africa, Pacific island hopping, the Balkans, and maybe even a 'what-if' game pitting the German units that never saw combat, or a Red Star/White Star style expansion. However, I feel that once World War II was completed that the series should end there. I know that it takes a tremendous amount of time to develop, or even modify existing games, but I feel that the payoff for all that hard work would be worth it. This is just my opinion and you can't buy much with it. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

May I ask why you like this game better than CM? I am thinking of working through CM2 or this and am curious as to why you prefer this series more.
Thanks,
Lin
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Actually, CM, CMSF, CMA, and CM2 are great games but I like some of the PCO features such as the command & control of the units and how morale of units is handled, especially infantry. I have been a long-time player of the original CM games but it always seemed that units, especially infantry units, had a tendency to move towards a known enemy position if their morale was broken. I also enjoy the way orders are given in PCO more than in CM and the fact that each turn is split into an 'Order Phase' and then a 'Reaction Phase'. This feature allows you to fine tune how you want your units to react, or not react, in a given turn. I also feel that the graphics in PCO are far better than those found in the original CM games. The graphics in the CMSF & CM2 are probably some of the best for games of this scale. I have only recently started playing PCO again but there was one grip I had with it when I played it the first time. It seemed that buildings and other structures suffered no damage as they do in the CM games or that woods or grain fields would catch fire after a heavy artillery barrage. It would be nice if some future patch corrected this but it would be eye-candy, more or less. Of course I wouldn't want a unit in a large structure that collapsed on it. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Lin. If you haven't tried Combat Mission: Shock Force, you should. It is far different than any of the other CM titles, including the CM2 titles. Really fun to watch a Javelin FOF missile come crashing down on top of a T-72M or watching a M1A2 SEP TUSK Abrams take out a hull-down tank at 2000 meters. I have actually flinched when I have played it.
lparkh

Post by lparkh »

Thanks Gentlemen for your replies. I will be trying CM2 eventually, modern warfare interests me less unfortunately (probably due to ignorance) but will have to look further at this game. C&C especially interests me.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

The game plays very well for the adjustments we did make to it. Of course, it's not for everyone, but if my opinion helps any...I like it! [:D]

But then I could be a bit biased about it.

Good Hunting.

MR

Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: Rick
Well, even with the forum being down here, I still watch for activity. I'd still like to see another game in this series, but I know that won't happen any time soon.
Thanks
rick
I hope there is another game someday. I think there still is some juice left in the lemming.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

ORIGINAL: Mobius
ORIGINAL: Rick
Thanks
rick
I hope there is another game someday. I think there still is some juice left in the lemming.
There is a lot of juice left in this fine World War II small unit action sim (personally, I dislike the word game). It just needs some more toys to play with. A lot more toys. Okay, maybe toys was the wrong word to use.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Maybe thinking there will be another game in the series was extreme wishful thinking.

Good Hunting.

MR

Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

Stranger things have happened. In the mean time, what other options do we have? I have been playing around with SPWW2 (the free version) lately, forgot how good the game has become.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

About the only other option you have would be to purchase/play Battlefront's newer Combat Mission x2 (Battle for Normandy, Commonwealth Forces, Fortress Italy, and Gustav Line). Free demos are available for each title so that you can try them out before purchasing. No, I am not a spokesperson for Battlefront Games but I have been a fan of the Combat Mission series since they first appeared years ago. A bit pricey for a gaming system but well worth it. I have the entire Combat Mission Shock Force (modern) collection. The only game that has actually made me flinch and I have played plenty of computer war games. Chris.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

I have the entire Combat Mission Shock Force (modern) collection. The only game that has actually made me flinch and I have played plenty of computer war games.

Totally agree [;)]. Think CMSF is the best game in the CMX2 serie.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
gunny

Post by gunny »

ORIGINAL: Jafele

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

I have the entire Combat Mission Shock Force (modern) collection. The only game that has actually made me flinch and I have played plenty of computer war games.

Totally agree [;)]. Think CMSF is the best game in the CMX2 serie.

Well if your preference is WW2 then Italy and Gustav Line is THE best in the CM2 series, with the latest innovations. Now to get this thread back on track: There is room for a new Panzer Command and I play them all. Just need a bit of a terrain graphic boost in the next rendition, I like the traditional squad as a whole feel for the Panzer Command games.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”