Dunkerque

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

Uxbridge

Dunkerque

Post by Uxbridge »

In the campaign game, what will happen if the Allied player uses his Evacuation card? Will all BEF units simply vanish from the Continent, like magic, regardless of their current whereabouts, as long as they have a clear path to an evacuation point? This is how i interpret the manual.
mantrain

RE: Dunkerque

Post by mantrain »

pretty sad that no one can answer this. Is that the state of this game?
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

The forum seem a bit ... well, dead. Unfortunately, we started playing this game rather late. Now people are pre-occupied with the Barbarossa version.

Anyway, I like to know wether we need to have a house rule here?
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

I played until this card appeared and it seems that it lifts 20,000 British troops off the continent each turn. It works very well and is clever. Play the card, point to a evacuation point, and the RN will extricate this number of troops (or the amount present in the chosen hex). It seems that the units taken off is random, so if one prefers to save certain units before others, one better not have non-derirable units in the hex at the time of extrication.

Good rule; could have been better explained.

This game rocks (if everyone excuse the somewhat juvenile expression). [:)]
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

My general sense is to maybe just post Blitzkrieg questions in the Case Blue forums. A lot of people (including me), are still playing WtP, but I think most of the forum activity on the system has migrated over to the new one. You probably would be able to get much quicker answers, and I doubt anyone would really object.
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Nice idea. Thanks.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”