gorn re-education bug

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

gorn re-education bug

Post by geofflambert »

Just to warn everyone, I've been experiencing a bug when choosing to resize units on carriers. First of all after resizing units on the Enterprise, then xfring them to a land base, the Enterprise info screen showed her having 72 planes aboard even though I only had one squadron of 18 planes that had not been resized. I docked her at a pier to repair some system damage to see if that would clear the register. She's still there so I don't know yet but then it happened on the Saratoga as well. I only had one squadron of fighters on her that had just upgraded to Corsairs but it also said it had 72 planes on it and I put it in for repairs of some superficial systems damage (rated "1") to see if that would clear it. The Corsairs had not been unpacked so I left them on her. Well, the Corsairs were all ops losses and when she came out of the repair the squadron was still there but with no planes. The ship's info screen said she had zero planes aboard, so I thought I had solved the problem. Well I filled the squadron with 18 more Corsairs and then the info screen said Saratoga had 72 planes aboard again.

I'm going to fiddle with this for a few more turns before submitting it to Tech Support, just to see if those registers clear after I take the Corsair squadron off, and then the next day put another squadron on.

Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful about resizing til this is solved.

edit: I don't actually know if the false planes aboard number affects the operations on the carrier.

jcjordan

RE: carrier group resizing bug

Post by jcjordan »

I think you might have a non cv capable corsair. One of the early versions of corsair isn't cv capable so the cv will show an overstack on the # of a/c as well as higher op losses of used.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Well, the sqd still says carrier trained. How do you know if the planes are not usable. If they were, and I were just planning to use the carrier as a transport for them, why would they be lost? Of course, none of that will explain the carrier capacity used error.

Attachments
resizebug.jpg
resizebug.jpg (479.6 KiB) Viewed 30 times

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

This is not a bug; no need to post in the tech sub forum.

To operate off a carrier you need both an appropriately classified air unit + an appropriately classified airframe. The F4U-1 Corsair is not an appropriately classified airframe. Clicking on the "Aircraft Data" button, or looking it up on the aircraft info database, just underneath the airframe model name it will state if the airframe is carrier capable.

Alfred
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Thank you Alfred, now work your magic on why Saratoga allegedly has 72 planes on it while it only actually has 18.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Also, per my question, were they lost because they were in training mode 100%? I should be able to load B-29s on a carrier for transport.

Alfred

Post by Alfred »

4 x 18 = 72

That is the loading cost for non carrier capable airframes.

Alfred
koniu

Post by koniu »

F4U-1 is not CV capable. First Corsair CV capable is F4U-1A

When You enter aircraft data You will see if plane is or not CV capable.
Carrier trained mean only that Squadron is trained with CV ops but for that planes also have to have that ability.

As of carrier capacity used error. It is not error. When non CV capable plane is transfered to CV he will use 4x more place that CV capable place. 18x4=72

koniu

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Thank you again. I will await the release of Enterprise from repairs. She did not have non-carrier capable aircraft on her yet showed capacity used = 72.

I think they were F4-F4s but I'll load an old turn and have a look.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Well I checked, and Alfred and koniu were correct, as they knew they were. I hate it when that happens. [:@] I had put ineligible Corsairs on Enterprise as well. Well, now I have a lot of experience pushing perfectly good aircraft over the side. I'm sure it will serve me well someday. [:'(]

koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Well I checked, and Alfred and koniu were correct, as they knew they were. I hate it when that happens. [:@] I had put ineligible Corsairs on Enterprise as well. Well, now I have a lot of experience pushing perfectly good aircraft over the side. I'm sure it will serve me well someday. [:'(]

If You are in port transfer squadron to base. If not then You stuck with them until TF enter base hex with AF because they will not fly off from CV.

PS. Many Japanese players have the same problem when placing A6M3 on carrier or sometimes they do that with George or Jack.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Let that be a lesson to all you kiddies out there. Don't be a shiftless moron like me but know what you're doing before you do it. And don't text or talk on your cell while driving.

I was doing that when my inter-stellar vehicle exploded. I said at the time I was over Magnetogorsk, but I was wrong, it was over Chelyabinsk. I was using Apple maps instead of Google. I just can't seem to be able to do anything right.[:(]

DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Let that be a lesson to all you kiddies out there. Don't be a shiftless moron like me but know what you're doing before you do it. And don't text or talk on your cell while driving.

I was doing that when my inter-stellar vehicle exploded. I said at the time I was over Magnetogorsk, but I was wrong, it was over Chelyabinsk. I was using Apple maps instead of Google. I just can't seem to be able to do anything right.[:(]

You stupid dumb lizard you should have been in auto-pilot if you were texting, especially when in the vicinity of a planet, even your heap of junk Lepidosauria carrying crate should have auto-pilot. [:-]

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

I did this exact same thing long long ago [:)], and I've seen a bunch of other posters post about their carriers being overloaded for the same "mysterious" reason. I think it may be a sort of right of passage.

I put corsairs on my carrier and then realized later it was overloaded. I just assumed a corsair was a corsair was a corsair and the "image" I had of corsairs was the folding wings so "obviously" they were carrier capable in my mind. After it was pointed out I just kinda grimaced and smacked myself in the face over how oblivious I was to the answer staring me in the face all along heh.
Ddog

Post by Ddog »

Thought you might like this geoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hemOCl-xk
I'd rather be lucky than good.

wyrmmy

Post by wyrmmy »

Seems much like his gameplay as well. [:'(]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Ddog

Thought you might like this geoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6hemOCl-xk

That's excellent! All the surveillance cameras these days. I didn't know I was being recorded. [:@]

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Sredni
I think it may be a sort of right of passage.

Seems like a "wrong" of passage, am I rite?

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: wyrmm

Seems much like his gameplay as well. [:'(]

Shut up Raiden! I can whoop your butt with both hands tied behind my back and both feet in snowshoes! [:D]

wyrmmy

Post by wyrmmy »

But you can't beat Shattner... Hmm....[:'(]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”