Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sprior

RE: Sturm und drang

Post by sprior »

I hope so. 76% in one day is pretty damned quick. Of course we have more engineers there than you can shake a stick at.

Attachments
RamreeEngineers.jpg
RamreeEngineers.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 205 times
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

That was quite an epic run for Atago. The crew deserve a few days of R&R. I'm guessing they will be back.
God forbid that Atago should team up with Yura!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: sprior

I hope so. 76% in one day is pretty damned quick. Of course we have more engineers there than you can shake a stick at.

I didn't realize it was only 1 day. If so, it will absolutely be ready. We can stick 5 squadrons of Hurris and P-40E's in there. It will still be less than 50 planes but it should clip their wings a bit.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Intel from the 27th

73 rd AA Bn and 22nd Tank Regt moving to Aparri by ship

10th Militia Regt is moving to Laoag, which is the planned landing beach for Northern Luzon

Incredibly, a regiment of 4th Div is moving to Truk
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Intel from the 26th

A regiment of 52nd Div is moving to Aparri
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ALSP;

From the 25th
2/42nd JNAF AF Unit is loaded on a Japanese AP moving to Moulmein.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Also for future referance, Onnekotan-jima in the Kuriles has a HQ unit. [;)]

Also this oddity. Elements of two divisions are planning for Suva. Perhaps a leftover, of perhaps some kind of raid planned.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Also this oddity. Elements of two divisions are planning for Suva. Perhaps a leftover, of perhaps some kind of raid planned.

What sort of HQ unit in the Kuriles, Cap'n? Does it say if it's an army, naval or air HQ?

Which two divisions? If these are perpetual Kwantung denizens, it's likely counterintelligence.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

What sort of HQ unit in the Kuriles, Cap'n? Does it say if it's an army, naval or air HQ?

Which two divisions? If these are perpetual Kwantung denizens, it's likely counterintelligence.

Well, to be precise it could just be Nippon Boy Scouts with a radio set in the Kuriles.

4th Division is planning for Suva. I discovered the entire 48th Div is moving to Truk.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Well, to be precise it could just be Nippon Boy Scouts with a radio set in the Kuriles.

4th Division is planning for Suva. I discovered the entire 48th Div is moving to Truk.

Sounds like the real deal then. Still a curious force disposition when Luzon's about to be overrun with little green guys, but what the hell do I know?
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

Sounds like the real deal then. Still a curious force disposition when Luzon's about to be overrun with little green guys, but what the hell do I know?

I have experinced random planning Intel, and forces being in position on atolls I have long occupied. These forces could have been planning long ago and only now it is being reported or have been planning and never got set to a new target. I might open Tracker and the INtel screen and find out where this 4th division is now ....

I could see stationing the 48th on Truk for the purpose of trying a counter-invasion somewhere ...
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

They could take Suva. It only has Fijian units and some AA and aviation support. But what good would it do? The only thing that would put the brakes on the Luzon landings would be a serious dent in the covering bases for the supply route, a large carrier battle going to the IJN or serious reinforcements of Northern Luzon.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

They could take Suva. It only has Fijian units and some AA and aviation support. But what good would it do? The only thing that would put the brakes on the Luzon landings would be a serious dent in the covering bases for the supply route, a large carrier battle going to the IJN or serious reinforcements of Northern Luzon.
No worries there! All they have left to bring are a battalion of Rodney Dangerfield impersonators with Robin Williams in charge.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
sprior

Post by sprior »

One of the things I've noticed in our combat reports is that generally they are Preparation(-) in the combat reports. Port Blair is a case in point where JJ has been there for 2 years and yet we're still better prep-ed. Odd.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

One of the things I've noticed in our combat reports is that generally they are Preparation(-) in the combat reports. Port Blair is a case in point where JJ has been there for 2 years and yet we're still better prep-ed. Odd.
I wonder if this is because the Port Blair garrison may have been prepped for their fall-back positions (e.g., Singapore or Georgetown) in thoughts of evacuating there. Dunno, but it's a thought.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Yep, saw the same thing at Manado and Davao as I recall. I suspect one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

The attackers at New Scotland and New Fiji were well prepped.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ALSP:

I watched the replay. No evidence that transports were shot down over Prome. The lads already arrived may be in trouble. I would favor doubling down and sending in the rest after sweeping Prome with P-38's and sending in the heavies.

We have some reserve C-47's if you need them. 11 x B-24D1 in inventory as well. Take them.

I will have to hand it the LYB's. Good foresight to have an LRCAP over Prome. I guess they have a map too and can see that "all roads lead to Prome".

Port Blair needs some softening up. Maybe Repulse and Frobisher can pay a visit after some more recon.

Landing in Northern Luzon in about 3 weeks I estimate unless we find unoccupied bases that can be taken by para-assault.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Send in XXX Corps. [:)]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Send in XXX Corps. [:)]

I understand they're busy back in Euroland. Some balderdash about running a bunch of tanks down a single road past German antitank defenders. They'll be a while.
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

that list of sunk IJ BB's from post page 384 is virtually all of his battleships! must I say it...

"YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP(S)!!"
John 21:25

Return to “After Action Reports”