Task Force Won't Leave Port

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chet Guiles

Task Force Won't Leave Port

Post by Chet Guiles »

I encountered (for the first time) a wierd situation. Playing as Japan I sent a small CV task force (2 CV's, 2 BB's and some cruisers and derstroyers) into Oosthaven to refuel, and while there was no problem entering the port, the TF refused all orders to leave, whether a direct destination command, a patrol area, or even a return home. I finally was able to get the ships out by dividing the TF into two smaller ones and recombining them after they left port. Kept me from chasing (and hopefully sinking) Formidable and Illustrious (which had been hurt in the previous turn).

Has anyone else encountered this phenom? This has never happened to me before, so I have no idea what I might have done wrong...

Thanks in advance.
n01487477

RE: Task Force Won't Leave Port

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

I encountered (for the first time) a wierd situation. Playing as Japan I sent a small CV task force (2 CV's, 2 BB's and some cruisers and derstroyers) into Oosthaven to refuel, and while there was no problem entering the port, the TF refused all orders to leave, whether a direct destination command, a patrol area, or even a return home. I finally was able to get the ships out by dividing the TF into two smaller ones and recombining them after they left port. Kept me from chasing (and hopefully sinking) Formidable and Illustrious (which had been hurt in the previous turn).

Has anyone else encountered this phenom? This has never happened to me before, so I have no idea what I might have done wrong...

Thanks in advance.
Is this a non-official scenario? What version of the game are you running?

Sounds like a pwhex issue.

Return to “Tech Support”