more air war mysteries

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Simbelmude

more air war mysteries

Post by Simbelmude »

I have given up trying to understand what decides which air formatiosn are available for a manual ground attack, since sometimes the closest ones (0% miles flown) are not listed but some more distant are.
Or why certain formations are not available for closer targets but are available for targets further away...
Also, why clicking once shows some formations available, and then even if no mission is flown, clicking again shows others;

In a recent game, I paid attention to something I never really looked at before (because it goes very quickly) : the trajectory of the planes to the staging base and then to the target. I have noticed a few instances least, where bombers stationed really close to the target, fly backwards to a further away fighter base used as staging base, and then fly back, nearly exactly acktracking, to the target hex...

Air war needs some rationalizing
rmonical

RE: more air war mysteries

Post by rmonical »

The default air formations are sometimes odd. But if you choose a base from the nearby command that you want, the list of units presented should be everything available for that higher command element (Luftflotte for Germans I believe.)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”