What happened to non WW2 scenarios ?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

altipueri

What happened to non WW2 scenarios ?

Post by altipueri »

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.
danlongman

RE: What happened to non WW2 scenarios ?

Post by danlongman »

Does that mod by Zaratougha work on the current ATG? I don't recall looking at it.
I Like to play big random games starting with c1900 AD technology.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
mgaffn1

Post by mgaffn1 »

Anyone out there interested in doing a sci-fi strategy mod?
Or perhaps a Cold War WW3 mod (circa 1975, 1980.. Nato vs. Warsaw Pact)?

Sometime ago there was talk of a "community mod" where a group of enthusiasts would combine their talents and create a comprehensive WAW type of mod. The project never got far beyond initial discussions - too many different ideas pulling in different directions.

What would your first choice be?
Mike
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I find that the longer range of modern aircraft and the advent of the nuke some problems that need to be solved for something that is post-ww2. I know that it is possible to mod these things.. but i prefer the periode immediately prior to ww2 ...

That being said, i dont see why someone wouldn´t want to make a ww3 mod or something older...
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: altipueri

The Matrix blurb says: "Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period."

Zaratougha produced a mod that enables Ancients, Napoleonics (and I still use it occasionally - thank you Z) but ATG seems to have just settled on WW2.

I think this is a pity because AT held out the possibility of being almost a universal gaming system, with a great random scenario generator and I would play it more if there was the ability to stop production which I find a bit tedious after a while.

True, there have been some scenarios that cover different time eras, but the majority is indeed WWII. I'd love to see some more Tolkien/Hobbit or Space Marines or whatever scenarios... maybe even make them random game capable. It does however take a lot of dedicated time to produce such a thing...
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

There was a couple of space mods that never made it to ATG, (Lunaticus and Grumpy Mel) there was an ATG Warhammer 40k mod being worked on. There were a few "Elfie Welfies" done in AT, one was playtested in an AAR here. The thing is, I would imagine you could play any of them just by keeping your copy of AT on your HD and running them in that.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”