Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed

Post by Icedawg »

What's the difference between these?

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?
Chickenboy

RE: Snooped vs Spotted vs Followed

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course.

Am I close?

I would guess they're no different, Icedawg. Different 'text features' of the same game DL function for gameplay variability would be my guess. I don't see any tangible difference in the DL level for those levels of detection, but I could be wrong.

Any Devs care to opine?
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I'm guessing they indicate increasing levels of detection caused by the aircraft locating an enemy TF. Snoop = quick peek and get away before enemy CAP arrives; Spot = longer look, then bug out; Follow = stay with the TF for an extended period and transmit detailed information regarding composition, speed and course ...

In English, spot is only being seen, as opposed to snoop, which would be a more thorough examination.

"Followed" would be the equivalent of "on station," as in calling in a strike, but that's just language, not game mechanics.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...snooped is where the recon team does a rap song during the debrief, spotted is where an HQ dalmatian mascot is always present at the debrief and followed is what the junior flight crew does to the senior flight crew into the officers' club after the debrief...

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss. [:D]
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

In the later , mostly out of curiosity , although occasionally trying to cage drinks would not be amiss. [:D]

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour! [:D]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

...that, and the senior crew members making the junior ones put the bird to bed, schlep all the cryto gear back to Ops and fill out the gripe book often made them late for happy hour! [:D]

True, true. But of course, it builds character! [:D]
towers58

Post by towers58 »

I asked this question years ago and was told (by a developer) that the terms are just there for chrome - NO differences between them.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”