DaBigBabes A - flak value bug?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

DaBigBabes A - flak value bug?

Post by Yaab »

DaBigBabes A, scen 28, latest beta patch

Can someone replicate a strange flak value behaviour I am seeing in my game?

On turn 2 as the Allies, please find the 14th Chinese Corps sitting in Chungking. Its flak value should read 1. Divide the corps and rebuild it and its flak value jumps to 9. This one change seems to affect flak values of MANY units on the map i.e. Fort William flak value in Calcutta jumps instantly from 6 to 36, 3rd New Chinese Corps flak value jumps from 1 to 10, 1st BF in Chunking now has 27 flak value, etc.

Next turn, the values go back to the original ones, but if the 14th Chinese Corps is divided and rebuilt again, the flak values are augmented again.

The same applies to the Japanese side. Divide and rebuild any division in Wuchang and its flak value jumps from 2 to 15. In the instant Truk Naval Fortress's flak value jumps from 12 to 73 as do flak values for other Japanese units on map. What gives?
witpqs

RE: DaBigBabes A - flak value bug?

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

DaBigBabes A, scen 28, latest beta patch

Can someone replicate a strange flak value behaviour I am seeing in my game?

On turn 2 as the Allies, please find the 14th Chinese Corps sitting in Chungking. Its flak value should read 1. Divide the corps and rebuild it and its flak value jumps to 9. This one change seems to affect flak values of MANY units on the map i.e. Fort William flak value in Calcutta jumps instantly from 6 to 36, 3rd New Chinese Corps flak value jumps from 1 to 10, 1st BF in Chunking now has 27 flak value, etc.

Next turn, the values go back to the original ones, but if the 14th Chinese Corps is divided and rebuilt again, the flak values are augmented again.

The same applies to the Japanese side. Divide and rebuild any division in Wuchang and its flak value jumps from 2 to 15. In the instant Truk Naval Fortress's flak value jumps from 12 to 73 as do flak values for other Japanese units on map. What gives?
Are the devices in the unit(s) different before and after? Are the numbers of the devices different before and after? Can you post before and after pics of what you are seeing?
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Image below. From left to right:

1) 3rd Division in Wuchang. Flak value of 2.
2) 3rd Division/A. Flak value of 5.
3) 3rd Division recombined. Flak value of 15.

No changes in the TOE. Same number of 7.7mm T99 AAMGs after rebuilding - 15 active, 3 disabled.

Attachments
Flak A.jpg
Flak A.jpg (866.25 KiB) Viewed 30 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It might be a bug with the display of the Flak value. Suggest you report this in the Beta thread (with the pic) so Michael can look at it. He will probably want a save game from just before with instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

BTW, the Flak value is not used for combat at all. It is only a value for human viewing, to give you an idea of the magnitude of the flak present at the base.

You might also want to look at the Flak value display next turn and see if it was recalculated correctly for the new turn.
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Next turn the flak value is correct - it reverts to value of 2 for the 3rd Division and all other units I have tested. But if I divide the division next turn the same thing happens. It is kind of annoying, because it boosts flak values across the map.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Next turn the flak value is correct - it reverts to value of 2 for the 3rd Division and all other units I have tested. But if I divide the division next turn the same thing happens. It is kind of annoying, because it boosts flak values across the map.
Sure it's annoying, but take comfort that it only affects the display, not combat. It's certainly a bug, so I'm sure Michael will want to see it.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”