2 HUCE issues appearing recently

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
yojimboguy

2 HUCE issues appearing recently

Post by yojimboguy »

1. This started yesterday. In GIUK set, when I play NATO, the RED submarine forces start at speed "0", and never move. This is particularly noticeable in scenario 5 -- Gatekeeper. When a RED sub is picked up by SOSUS, checking range and bearing from it to anything else always shows a speed of zero, and alway the same distance so long as the other piece hasn't moved. And obviously, no subs come through the gaps in the entire game time period. But when I start playing as RED, the subs start with their normal default speeds/depths. Might happen in other battlesets but I haven't tested others yet.

2. In WestPac set, all BLUE internal guns have stopped working. The unit description box used to have a message that said something like "Gun ammo available" until it was used up. Now that message never shows up at all -- it's as if the gun was uninstalled. Have not checked to see if RED fighters have same problem.
TonyE

RE: 2 HUCE issues appearing recently

Post by TonyE »

It would be great if you could write these up at HarpGamer.  See http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... -me-first/ for some guidelines on providing the needed detail.

For #1 I would suggest a work-around of closing the game between scenarios.  If that fixes your issue then you are seeing http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... s-problem/

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner
yojimboguy

Post by yojimboguy »

I have already tried the "exit game before restarting scenario" gambit and had no luck.

As to this Harpgamer thing, why should I post tech issues there and not here?
TonyE

Post by TonyE »

You go to harpgamer because:
1. Quite a few HC players avoid these forums to avoid some of the characters that post here.  Your pool of HC resources is smaller here and the overall pool is small enough as it is.
2. Your programmer (i.e. me) is a scarce and volunteer resource.  Making more efficient use of my time means more improvements get made to the game.  It is not efficient for me to track lists of bugs all over tarnation. 
3. I believe the HC community at harpgamer will last longer than the community here so any effort I put in I'd rather put in there.  I may be totally wrong on the longevity front but it is the version I'm backing.  HG has persisted across publishers and may well persist between rights holders.
4. The files, scenarios, databases, betas, etc. are stored at HG, why dillute the discussion...

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

Return to “Tech Support”