Leningrad again

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

JeremyB

Leningrad again

Post by JeremyB »

I'm a bit of a beginner so this might sound silly but

is there anything that prevents the German from simply bombing the port of Osinovets untill it reaches 100% damage and then simply ag the isolated units in Leningrad instead of bashing its way through the major river? I cannot see the Soviet airforce preventing this...
Did I miss something?
delatbabel

RE: Leningrad again

Post by delatbabel »

No, it's pretty simple to do. I had FTF opponents taking Leningrad on turns 4 or 5 basically using this method. It's gotten harder to achieve that early since the HQBU rules were changed but it does still seem to be the way that a lot of German players that I play against on the server take Leningrad fairly easily. I'm surprised it's not discussed more on the forums.
--
Del
JeremyB

RE: Leningrad again

Post by JeremyB »

Okay...

Is there any coutermeasure? Attaching AA units to Osinovets? How does one do that? The rules say it's feasile but I haven't figured out how to do it...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”