Harpoon 3 UE and databases and HUD4 -

Harpoon Ultimate Edition is the best and most comprehensive compilation of computer Harpoon games ever assembled! The two flagship products in the Harpoon line up, Advanced Naval Warfare and Commanders Edition come highly expanded and improved from their previous versions. More than twenty classic versions of Harpoon are also included! Harpoon - Ultimate Edition is the most powerful and complete modern naval warfare simulation on the market and a must have for any Harpoon fan!
Agathosdaimon

Harpoon 3 UE and databases and HUD4 -

Post by Agathosdaimon »

HI ALL!

I am relatively new to Harpoon UE and quite enjoy it but i have become too confused with the databases and HUD3 HUD4 stuff

I attempted to install the playersdb which keeps being mentioned on the SimHQ forum and noticed alot of conflict between the db makers and dont want any part in that at all - all i wanted were some more scenarios) and others but i got horrible graphic glitches and ships disappearing without warning and such so i am not sure what i did wrong there.

so basically i have uninstalled completely UE and reinstalled it and added the latest ANW update from Matrix Games - so that is where i am at at this moment

My question now is what exactly do i do to add in new scenarios - the ones on the Warfare Sims page for Harpoon 3 look good but how do install them and the DB2000? do i need HUD4? where do i get that from most reliably - things seem to go wrong so easily with installing things for harpoon it sounds like

overall what is it that i need to do being that i am starting with just the installed HUE compilation from the disc.

thank you
Agathosdaimon

RE: Harpoon 3 UE and databases and HUD4 -

Post by Agathosdaimon »

actually i have now gone into Harpoon ANW and looked at hte database manager in the config and can see there are quite a few there that i can load with the game - which is great! I noticed HUD4 and so i loaded that and went into the game though all the missions mention HUD3 on their name - what does this mean.

Will i be able to apply the scenarios from Mark Gellis that were remade for HUD4?

Return to “Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition”