Political penalties

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

warshipbuilder

Political penalties

Post by warshipbuilder »

Although there is no mention of it in the manual, I was wondering if you are penalised for bombing Paris, Rome or perhaps Vienna and some other cities. There are "legitimate" targets in those locales, but what would have been the political fallout and the propaganda mileage that could have been had, had the Eiffel Tower had been turned in to so much scrap steel or the Sistine Chapel turned in to dust? The mind boggles. Sooooo do I need to worry about this or can I carpet bomb what I want and not worry?
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
Texeiro

RE: Political penalties

Post by Texeiro »

You can bomb those cities, but you won´t get terror points. Occupied countrie´s cities won´t give you terror points at all.
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

Do anybody knows which are the occupied countries?
I mean, it's sure that Greece, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Danemark, Poland are occupied countries, but:
- what about Italy post 43 surrender?
- what about Chekoslovakia and Austria (they where invaded but become part of the reich, except Slovakia if I'm right)?
- What about Yougoslavian countries (Kroatia, Serbia, etc)?
- What about minor allies (Bulgary, Romania, Hungary)?

Sorry, but it's not clear for me... And sorry for my spelling... I'm not sure that these are the correct country names in english...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

npsergio

Post by npsergio »

Any idea about this?
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

ORIGINAL: npsergio

Do anybody knows which are the occupied countries?
I mean, it's sure that Greece, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Holland, Danemark, Poland are occupied countries, but:
- what about Italy post 43 surrender?
- what about Chekoslovakia and Austria (they where invaded but become part of the reich, except Slovakia if I'm right)?
- What about Yougoslavian countries (Kroatia, Serbia, etc)?
- What about minor allies (Bulgary, Romania, Hungary)?

Sorry, but it's not clear for me... And sorry for my spelling... I'm not sure that these are the correct country names in english...

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Austria - Yes, Czechoslovakia - I think so, but haven't tried.
Minors (Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania) - YES!
Yugoslavia - Haven't tested but I believe I saw a forum post that said that they DID produce terror points.

France, Belgiuam, Holland, - confirm NO!. No points for bombing these, but if you hit the city while targeting a tactical target (ie rail) that is acceptable collateral - ie no loss of points.
npsergio

Post by npsergio »

Thanks!
Any idea about Italy?

Regards
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

ORIGINAL: npsergio

Thanks!
Any idea about Italy?

Regards
I haven't checked later in the war but even after the initial "Italy surrenders" event you get terror points for bombing the occupied areas north of the Gustav line. That is the area that becomes the CSI.

Easiest way to check any of these is to make a note of your terror score, bomb a target city in the area you choose, then check your terror score and see if it has changed.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”