ATG features and AI

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

borsook79

ATG features and AI

Post by borsook79 »

I haven't bought ATG so far, because I remember that at launch its AI had some problems with many of the new features i.e. it did not support them. Since I do not play MP I decided to stay with AT. Has there been any progress in this regard?
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
danlongman

RE: ATG features and AI

Post by danlongman »

[:)] Hey Borsook you look like me. I found that I really liked AT and because of that I love ATG. It is, in my experience just more and better.
I cannot really say about the AI.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The AI does not use carriers and is piss poor at naval battles, It tends to clump all its air in massive stacks other then that all is fine.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I say the AI units are more balanced than in AT, I see more artillery only units, Inf units mixed with Mg's Mortars and AT guns, still nothing a human opponent would make but still an improvement.
Naval AI is lacking but Lancer here has a outstanding mod for that in the mod section.
phatkarp

Post by phatkarp »

The AI has a tendency to engage in suicidal attacks, too.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”