Assorted questions.....

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

warspite1

RE: Assorted questions.....

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

So I can take it you are surrendering without even a whimper?? Silly Warspite1-Newblette why deprive yourself of all the fun of defeat?! [:'(]
warspite1

See the General Discussion forum. Surrender? Never.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Taxman66

Post by Taxman66 »

Maybe we should rename this thread to 'Trash Talk'.
"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

(Shhhhhh quiet Taxman! Im trying to lure Warspite1 into the Booby Trap so I can flush him down).
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
warspite1

Trash Talk

Post by warspite1 »

(Shhhhhh quiet Taxman! Im trying to lure Warspite1 into the Booby Trap so I can flush him down).
warspite1

Nice try Slaakman ol' son...but no cigar.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
SLAAKMAN

RE: Trash Talk

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Youve failed to substantiate valid grounds for refusing battle on Vassal. Until you do I consider you only to be as brave as Sir Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Youve failed to substantiate valid grounds for refusing battle on Vassal. Until you do I consider you only to be as brave as Sir Robin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4SJ0xR2_bQ
Who bravely run away... To fight another day?
Peter
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Looks like I win the Diplomacy Phase since the only enemy combatants are the wind & rain. Must have them demoralized! [:'(]
— Winston Churchill
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Well, of my rankings, bear in mind they're not all that stable. I tend to switch who my favorite is based on whom I had the most fun with. Currently, it probably stands as

A) Germany
B) U.S.
C) U.S.S.R.
D) Japan
E) CW
F) Italy
G) France
H) China

2) Personally, I love the German endgame. But maybe it's the sort of player I'm in. I love those last stands against overwhelming odds, fighting for each inch and each second. Yeah, you can't counterattack; that would be breaking the spell. It's all about retracting your line, budging just enough to not collapse, but giving up each hex only after you've made them fight tooth and nail for it. Glorious.

3)I play a lot of solitaire, and it might be affected by the optional rules I tend to like, (But hey, solitaire insures two evenly matched players, right?) but I find the Soviets "Survive" against a blitz 41 about 60-75% of the time. That being said, I get a lot of games where the Soviets are lamed, and never really muster up the sort of strength to do the counterattacks like they historically did.

4) I've tried a few "China isn't a big deal" games, but even then, I'd go for those two resources in the south, Si-An, and Chang-Sha to solidify my line. Completely ignoring the Chinese is very dangerous, they can build up faster than they look.

And if you're NOT going after China, you should probably be going after the Soviets, hard and early, and then when they force a peace down your throat, being ready to support your German buddy in 1941.

But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese. At the start you have a grand total of 10 resources under your control, and another 6 coming in from the NEI and the U.S. Once you subtract the amount you're spending for oil, you don't really have all that much production, and even the amount you'd save by not letting the U.S. in say, two turns later is enough to justify that. They'll come in two turns later, and ismply smother you.

"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Ur_Vile_WEdge
But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese.

Very true. The Axis altogether must be very aggressive for the first 3 years of the game or they face either gridlock or defeat (IMHO).
[:D]
— Winston Churchill
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Ur_Vile_WEdge
But just sitting there passively is a losing game for the Japanese.

Very true. The Axis altogether must be very aggressive for the first 3 years of the game or they face either gridlock or defeat (IMHO).
[:D]
Hey![X(] Now that is something you wrote with which I completely agree.[:)]
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Silly Shannon V. OKeets-Newblette. The Mighty Slaakman is always on the right track under all circumstances, (except when Im wrong which is almost never). [:'(]
— Winston Churchill
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Silly Shannon V. OKeets-Newblette. The Mighty Slaakman is always on the right track under all circumstances, (except when Im wrong which is almost never). [:'(]
Hey! He is admitting that he is wrong sometimes! That's a great improvement...[:D]
Peter
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

I will even defeat you all with these humble "tractors"-
— Winston Churchill
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

[:D] Another view of SLAAKMAN's "tractors" [:D]

Attachments
Italian M1340.jpg
Italian M1340.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 129 times
University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Another view of SLAAKMAN's "tractors"
Silly Extraneous-newblette fell for my decoys. Now boys, give 'em Hell!!

Attachments
88mmf.jpg
88mmf.jpg (25.06 KiB) Viewed 129 times
— Winston Churchill
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

SLAAKMAN's fleet found sunk off Albania.

University of Science Music and Culture (USMC) class of 71 and 72 ~ Extraneous (AKA Mziln)
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Silly Extraneous-Newblette's invincible pillbox in Alexandria harbor-
[:'(]
— Winston Churchill
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

The SLAACKmainian air force in action.

Please note the innovative open-air hanger and the removal of landing gear in an attempt to get SKAACK fighters into the air faster.

Attachments
NAJN8JTZ6m..fzo1_500.jpg
NAJN8JTZ6m..fzo1_500.jpg (70.33 KiB) Viewed 129 times
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

The SLAACKmainian air force in action.

Please note the innovative open-air hanger and the removal of landing gear in an attempt to get SKAACK fighters into the air faster.
Ah yes now that we've lured the enemy into making a futile attack on the boneyard we can now spring our invincible trap.

Do you surrender??
http://www.hulu.com/watch/203883

— Winston Churchill
Extraneous

Post by Extraneous »

The SLAACKmainian Battleship Roma has an accident while testing as a submersiable battleship.

It goes down but doesn't come back up.

Return to “World in Flames”