DRM?

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

mGuyA

DRM?

Post by mGuyA »

Can someone please describe the DRM used for this game? Can it be installed on multiple machines (desktop and laptop)? Limited installs? Uninstalls?

Thx
mGuyA

RE: DRM?

Post by mGuyA »

Never mind. Just saw the post further down the page. Uses Matrix DRM. Install game v1.5 from Matrix and should be good.
LittlePowell_NSD

Post by LittlePowell_NSD »

That's right, DRM was removed as soon as we joined matrix.

NorbSoftDev - Happily DRM free since 2012 :)

Hope you enjoy the game.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok, I am trying to re install my game.. I downloaded the demo, and have my activation code from my purchase email.. somewhere I am missing something as I thought the demo would ask me for the code????
"Tanks forward"
RebBugler

Post by RebBugler »

Demo doesn't work that way anymore. Register with Matrix and download the 1.5 version...same reg code to install.
Designer - Scourge of War
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok.. SO how do I reinstall the game? THIS sucks?
I bought the game, have my email and activation... do I need to have a new dl from Matrix now that I have to reinstalll as I did a rebuild?
"Tanks forward"
LittlePowell_NSD

Post by LittlePowell_NSD »

If you have downloaded the 1.5 full version of the game (which you should have gotten in your purchase email), it will prompt you for the code. If you don't have the full 1.5 version, you can download it as a matrix member. Here is a step-by-step guide:

www.matrixgames.com/members/

Here is a step by step guide:

1. First go to the members section www.matrixgames.com/members/
2. Login with your matrix username and password that you created.
3. This will bring you to the members club page where you can see a list of all matrix games.
4. Scroll down to the Scourge of War section
5. If you haven't registered your games, click the Register link to the right of the game
6. It will ask for the serial. Enter the serial to register it
7. Once it's registered, you will now see a Registered link next to it
8. Click that link to get a download link of the game.
NSD Map/Scenario Lead

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”