Battle Academy: Operation Husky for iOS & PC is out!

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Philkian

Battle Academy: Operation Husky for iOS & PC is out!

Post by Philkian »

We are proud to announce the release of the long-anticipated Battle Academy: Operation Husky. After turning the iOS wargaming market upside down with its revolutionary gameplay system, the acclaimed Battle Academy series is back with this latest add-on.

The new expansion covers the Allied invasion of Sicily, codenamed Operation Husky, which began on the night of 9–10 July 1943, and ended 17 August, adding extra Axis and Allies units and a brand new Sicilian terrain set.

This large scale amphibious and airborne operation opened the way to the combat in the hot and dry Sicilian landscape and the Invasion of Italy by the Allied forces. The principle units involved belonged to the 7th U.S. Army under the command of General George S. Patton and the British 8th Army under General Bernard Law Montgomery, gathered in the 15th Army Group, under the responsibility of the British General Harold Alexander.

Land on the coast of Licata and push through the Sicilian countryside to the volcanic slopes of Etna, neutralizing the German and Italian troops in your way!

The game is available for PC and iPad as an in-app purchase.

For the Battle Academy Demo and v2.1.0 Update click here.

Get more information about Battle Academy: Operation Huskyon its official product page

Operation Husky is an add-on for Battle Academy and requires Battle Academy to play!
Philkian

RE: Battle Academy: Operation Husky for iOS is out!

Post by Philkian »

Here are also some other screenshots

rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Went to buy this on my iPad but couldn't what's the deal?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

we've got an issue on iPad. It seems we overlooked something in the IAP system. You can't test it the same way a live account does and it wasn't until release we found the issue. We're fixing it now and will see how quickly we can get apple to review it and approve it. It's the first time we've had an IAP that was not in at release so its a learning experience for us.

All we can do for now is apologise and get the game updated as soon as possible. PC and Mac are fine but the IAP for Husky will not be available until we resolve this issue. Thanks for you patience and understanding.

The Slitherine Team
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Update?
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
IainMcNeil

RE: Battle Academy: Operation Husky for iOS & PC is out!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Its now fixed! You can get Husky on the iPad!

And to say sorry all other iPad expansions are 30% off till the 7th April.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Its now fixed! You can get Husky on the iPad!

And to say sorry all other iPad expansions are 30% off till the 7th April.

I tried again this morning from within the game - it just hangs and says 'Waiting...'. Stayed that way for 5 minutes before I cancelled.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

You need to update your iPad version to get the fix. If you have done this then make sure you have In App Purchases turned on from the settings on your iPad.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Battle Academy”