Forum Complaint

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Unforeseen

Forum Complaint

Post by Unforeseen »

I realize i have the choice to just simply not use the forum, but honestly i shouldn't have to make that choice.

This forum is very poorly organized and programmed. I'll start with the registration process. There are two completely separate registrations. One for the members club and the other for the forum. That just plain doesn't make sense and is very inconvenient.

The login cookies do not work on any browser.

The automatic guest login is pointless, just remove it and allow unregistered users to view the forum. If you don't remove it, when someone clicks "Log Out" it should redirect you to the login page, not to the matrix games home page since that page is not related to your user account for the forums at all. The Login and Log out links should not be placed separately, another inconvenience for the user. And potentially confusing for anyone with little experience with web surfing.

The login is glitchy, and it will occasionally claim my username/password are wrong, even though i typed them in right.

The forgot password function does not work, if you type in your email and submit it, the only thing that happens is it refreshes the page.

Security Image/code entries do not actually stop spam bots. They merely inconvenience users . Source? Personal Experience.

I don't really expect anything to come of this complaint TBH.
wodin

RE: Forum Complaint

Post by wodin »

Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

Same here, cookies are fine. As a new user you are not familiar with the SPAM Bot troubles this site has seen in the past. Trust me things are much better now, in the past you could log in some days and see 15 SPAM threads for every legit thread, NOT nice to deal with trust me. And in the one legit thread there would be 10 SPAM Bot posts per page in the thread....

Jim
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Well i can say that from my experience, i'm fairly sure that your troubles were not solved by adding that. Either that, or the programmer of the bots that were infiltrating your website was not very knowledgeable on the subject of security bypassing. In which case, then it did help you and i retract my statement with smiles :). I'm just trying to be helpful, sites like Yahoo! claim that using such programming protects users from spam, yet i receive thousands of spam emails from yahoo! accounts daily. So i take whatever chance i can get to announce my dislike of the entire concept.

Cookies still not working, not sure why. Curious then if the forgot username/password function works for other people?
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Thing is, the spam we do get now is not bots, but actual people infiltrating then laying low for a while before starting their garbage.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

It gets kinda funny when you call out the human spambots on their bull**** and they get all insulted...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

I have no real complaints about the forum software.

Its not the best, its certainly and a far way from being the worst of a site that I frequent.

Does everything I ask of it, and mostly the spam is kept under control.
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Everything works fine for me!!
Tony
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Me too, everything works for me. He must just have a very bad computer system or doesn't know how to block/allow cookies from his tools menu. But, you always have those that complain first before looking at themselves.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Move this bogus topic to the help desk.
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Me too.

I agree with the OP's observations about the forum, particularly vis a vis searchability on threads. By and large, the forum isn't so bad, but could use some updating and stabilizing.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

The search function could use some help, but log in has always worked fine. My cookies work right.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Me too.

I agree with the OP's observations about the forum, particularly vis a vis searchability on threads. By and large, the forum isn't so bad, but could use some updating and stabilizing.
warspite1

I agree, the forum isn't so bad - and has become much better since parusski stopped posting his inane drivel.

I wonder if that will bring him back [;)][:D]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

Move this bogus topic to the help desk.

Yeah your mature.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Obviously youre not. If you look here you can address these topics to the help desk link- default.asp
We have enough spammers clogging up the General Discussion forum & you might be one of them trying to soften us up to pitch some bogus sales garbage that nobody wants to hear about so Im stating it for the record. Capiche?
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Or you can keep your obnoxious 3rd grade comments to yourself. I do not want to go directly to Matrix Games, i posted this here to see what other people thought and if they are having the same problems. If you cant handle that, then don't reply.
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Or you can keep your obnoxious 3rd grade comments to yourself. I do not want to go directly to Matrix Games, i posted this here to see what other people thought and if they are having the same problems. If you cant handle that, then don't reply.
I dont take orders from pompous greenhorns who cast snotty retorts and we dont quite know who you really are yet or what youre about. It would not harm you to post technical support questions in the appropriate forum either so either lighten up or prepare to be boarded.
— Winston Churchill
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

Play nice kids... I've been around a lot longer than most on these boards, and I think both of you should chill out.
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

[font="Courier New"]I see what you did there.[/font]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

[font="Courier New"]I see what you did there.[/font]
It sickens me to agree with SLAAK about anything. Yes ANYTHING. But I see what he's doing here and...(chokes on some throw up)...I agree with him.

He's right and (Gawd almighty, please stop) so is Terminus. Your recent subscription here posting vaunted changes to the forum is clearly suspect. You are the spambot incarnate, as Terminus suggests. Your presence is neither welcome nor unrecognized.

Off with ya!

Return to “General Discussion”