Hey Matrix

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

elmerlee

Hey Matrix

Post by elmerlee »

So where is the 1.04 patch that Matrix was to have at least a week ago?
Rasputitsa

RE: Hey Matrix

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: elmerlee
So where is the 1.04 patch that Matrix was to have at least a week ago?

+1 [:(]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

+1.
I tried the hammer on another "waiting" thread and it worked !

Let's try

baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

I am posting the helpdesk ticket question/response I was recently given. I am hoping that it is accurate.
JRR
[ 8 MAR 2013 09:42 by baloo7777 ]

In the forum section, I asked Doomtrader about the release date of the official TOF 1.04 update, and he stated that it was delivered to Matrix several weeks ago, and I would have to ask Matrix. Is there a timeline, or date set for its release? The game is unplayable due to re-occurring crashes, and I am hoping the 1.04 upgrade will fix these problems. Waiting patiently...

baloo7777

JRR

[ 8 MAR 2013 15:00 by VPaulus ]

Hi baloo7777,

I do apologise for the issues you are experiencing. I'll have to ask our office about this. I'll contact you back as soon as I get a reply.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
Slitherine Ltd / Matrix Games

[ 11 MAR 2013 10:48 by VPaulus ]

Hi baloo7777,

I got a reply and was said that it's expected to be release in the next week.

Kind Regards,

Paulo Costa
Slitherine Ltd / Matrix Games
JRR
Andrew Loveridge

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

I do apologize for the delay, but I was out for a couple weeks due to illness and have taken a while to catch up with the many project I am working on. We do have a new member on our team and delays like this should be avoidable in the future, once he is fully trained.
RandomAttack

Post by RandomAttack »

It's STILL a beta? Wow.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I assume this is a standard procedure
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

I'm glad Matrix delayed posting the ToF 1.04 patch. I'm now enjoying Commander Europe at War. I find it far more enjoyable and a nicely finished product that works properly.
Omnius
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

I'm glad Matrix delayed posting the ToF 1.04 patch. I'm now enjoying Commander Europe at War. I find it far more enjoyable and a nicely finished product that works properly.
Omnius

I have the same pleasant experience with Time of Fury. Great game, enjoyable, finished product, and works properly.

Meteor2

Post by Meteor2 »

... but the time for patches is unbelievable slooooooooow.
baloo7777

Post by baloo7777 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Omnius

I have the same pleasant experience with Time of Fury. Great game, enjoyable, finished product, and works properly.

I actually enjoy both of these games (at least now with the ToF 1.04 working well for me)! Hope you give ToF another chance, too!
JRR
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Omnius

I am glad you are enjoying CEAW, but is it the original Commander Europe at War you are enjoying, or the CEAW Grand Strategy Mod, because the latter is the result of a lot of additional work, by a dedicated group of player/modders, who have provided their work for free. A developer would find it difficult to commit the same hours of work, at no cost. CEAW-GS has, therefore, had much more after sales development, which has not been provided by the original publisher, you are seeing CEAW after a considerable amount of community led modification.

TOF has a level of detail beyond CEAW, but not as overwhelming as some of the monster games on the market, putting it in the 'Goldilocks zone for me. It has some quirks and errors, but also the features and tools to overcome most of these, resulting in a very enjoyable game. The more you put in, the more you get out, or move to a game where someone else has already done the work for you.

The basic CEAW has also been developed into Commander - the Great War by the Lordz modding group, but the same process continues of continual tweaking and adjustment, each game being at a different level of progress.

It may be that TOF will never take-off in the same way, even though a similar potential is there, a more user friendly editor would help a lot.

I find both games enjoyable in different ways and wouldn't want to be without either of them, there will always be a place on the HDD for both titles.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Time of Fury”