Stop starting on a moon?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Unforeseen

Stop starting on a moon?

Post by Unforeseen »

I've been spending hours off and on trying to get a decent start for my game. One problem i'm having is that 6/10 games my homeworld is a moon of some gas giant. Is there a way to stop this? It seems to be programmed to cycle through about 4 planet starts and then 6 or more moon starts as it is pretty consistent.
Bingeling

RE: Stop starting on a moon?

Post by Bingeling »

Moons are scenic. If you want better world, improve the quality.

If you want top quality and planet, maybe consider accepting more of a challenge :)
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

I'm not too worried about size or quality, i can just edit that if i am unsatisfied for some reason. Technically i can edit out the gas giant, create a new planet and move my capital. I just dont like the idea of Earth being a moon. (i only play as Humans for RP reasons, Multiplayer i'd play as Mortalens though.)
Ichirou989

Post by Ichirou989 »

Well, judging by the story, it seems to me that the humans from our solar system, Sol, were the ones who were part of the Freedom Alliance who fought the Shakturi thousands of years before the start of the game. The humans in the current game are their descendants only now emerging from the long night after the fall of the previous civilizations. It is also mentioned that the humans have a mysterious past, and may have even originated from outside the galaxy, so even those prior humans who fought the Shakturi were some far flung group of colonists from elsewhere. Because of this, you don't actually start in the Sol system. At least that's the background for story purposes.

I don't think there is an option for a no moon start either, so if you really want to start on Sol for your own background reasons, you'll have to do as you suggest and use the editor to make it at the start.
A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn't like the tune.

Tyrador

Post by Tyrador »

I have the same problem, spend half an hour to get a decent starting parameters(no damn moons). Will need to be fixed sooner or later.
Lithari

Post by Lithari »

This is why I tend to not playing humans in these games, the home system tends to be utterly inaccurate.

Return to “Design and Modding”