WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

chaussej

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.2 Available!

Post by chaussej »

ORIGINAL: n01487477
ORIGINAL: uncivil_servant
How do I get rid of this java error/issue?
the error in the cmd.exe window after running the no map version (which does load and apparently sucessfully) is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\MatrixGames\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTrackerAERelease1.8\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
First step is to uninstall and reinstall all the C++ redist again ... sometimes microsoft 2005 C++ is a problem.

I uninstalled all my C++ and tried to reinstall but I am still getting this error. Any other suggestions?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: KingLouisiana
ORIGINAL: uncivil_servant
How do I get rid of this java error/issue?
the error in the cmd.exe window after running the no map version (which does load and apparently sucessfully) is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\MatrixGames\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTrackerAERelease1.8\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform
First step is to uninstall and reinstall all the C++ redist again ... sometimes microsoft 2005 C++ is a problem.
I uninstalled all my C++ and tried to reinstall but I am still getting this error. Any other suggestions?
If it is this exact error, then there are a number of reasons why ...
1. Not using the correct x86 C++ redist
2. Not using Java32 bit and configured to run properly. Editing the batch file to point to the correct Java.exe is important
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms512m -Xmx640m -jar "WitPTracker.jar"
pause
3. Not using the correct dll in Tracker. Copy and paste the pwsdll.dll from the game folder into the tracker folder. If you are using the beta then the correct dll is in the beta2 folder.
Apart from that I offer remote desktop support when I have time using Teamviewer8.
chaussej

Post by chaussej »

Tried again and I'm getting a different error now but I have no clue what I'm doing. I'd love help and I have Teamviewer 8 set up. The rest I have no clue.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: KingLouisiana
Tried again and I'm getting a different error now but I have no clue what I'm doing. I'd love help and I have Teamviewer 8 set up. The rest I have no clue.
PM sent ...
chaussej

Post by chaussej »

Thanks again.
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Forgive me if the answer to my problem is already given in the 140 pages of this thread.
I just updated to the latest beta, as well as the latest java version and I can no longer get the tracker to work. I get no error messages in the console.

It's just that Java instantly stops working when I try to open the tracker.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Olorin

Forgive me if the answer to my problem is already given in the 140 pages of this thread.
I just updated to the latest beta, as well as the latest java version and I can no longer get the tracker to work. I get no error messages in the console.

It's just that Java instantly stops working when I try to open the tracker.

WitPTracker is currently not compatible with Java 7. Make your witptracker.bat file point to the Java 6 JRE and you should be fine. You'll need to read back a few pages to find the exact steps.
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Thanks, I found the answer in page 139.
MAARTENR

Post by MAARTENR »

Damian there's a new version of java 7 but it can remove java 6!
What should i do mate.

Greetings.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: MAARTENR

What should i do mate.

Greetings.
It's too important to get those security fixes, so you must update Java 7 when a patch is available. What I did is this:

- Go to the Java folder (inside you will see sub-folders for Java 6 and Java 7).
- Select the Java 6 folder.
- Type Control-C to copy it (which will copy everything in it, all the way down).
- Navigate back up to the top level of your C: drive.
- Type Control-V to paste the copy of the Java 6 folder.

Now go ahead and run that Java 7 update. If it does delete Java 6, you can just copy it back in from the spare you made. [8D]

BTW, mine did not delete Java 6 even though it said it might.
MAARTENR

Post by MAARTENR »

Thanx for your answer.
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

What should i do mate.

Greetings.
It's too important to get those security fixes, so you must update Java 7 when a patch is available. What I did is this:

- Go to the Java folder (inside you will see sub-folders for Java 6 and Java 7).
- Type Control-C to copy it (which will copy everything in it, all the way down).

Now go ahead and run that Java 7 update. If it does delete Java 6, you can just copy it back in from the spare you made. [8D]

I wish I had done this before I upgraded to Java 7. It deleted the Program Files\Java\jre6 directory and now I can't reinstall it. The x86 directory is still there, but the tracker won't work with it.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Olorin
ORIGINAL: witpqs

What should i do mate.

Greetings.

I wish I had done this before I upgraded to Java 7. It deleted the Program Files\Java\jre6 directory and now I can't reinstall it. The x86 directory is still there, but the tracker won't work with it.
Uninstall Java 7, reinstall Java 6, then do as witqs says, then reinstall Java7
Crackaces

Post by Crackaces »

I have submitted a bug report via: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/cont ... ration.jsp with all the details of what works and what does not. Maybe Oracle will fix Java 7 [8|] Clearly I do not have access to the applications code that generates the failure .. but at least I have given them a clue of the errors produced ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

I have submitted a bug report via: http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/cont ... ration.jsp with all the details of what works and what does not. Maybe Oracle will fix Java 7 [8|] Clearly I do not have access to the applications code that generates the failure .. but at least I have given them a clue of the errors produced ..
I'd hesitate to say the problem may not be Oracle's but rather because it is a failure to connect to the dll properly under Java7, something in our code... still thanks for doing it.
Chris21wen

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

Post by Chris21wen »

Base screen now has dock and Ship Yard repair / PRA pts

I'm scratching my head trying to work out what PRA pts are? I think I should know but ...
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Chris,
PRA = Port Repair Assist points.
Have a read of Alfred's 101 Ship Repair guide for further discussion.
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

We installed patch 1123h for our PBEM game to fix the invasion reinforcement problem and now Tracker will not work. I have tried to start a new data base and got this message:

any ideas? It was working fine until this turn.

I did make sure I changed the pwsdll.dll file.
Attachments
newtracke..ngerror.jpg
newtracke..ngerror.jpg (110.9 KiB) Viewed 199 times
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Cpt Sherwood

Post by Cpt Sherwood »

When I tried loading my existing database which starts Dec 7, 1941, the database loads but when I try to read the next turn I get a huge list of errors that ends with this:

I'm off to see about my Java installations, maybe something got changed.

Attachments
olddataba..aderror.jpg
olddataba..aderror.jpg (444.82 KiB) Viewed 199 times
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” ― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Well if you are using the beta you need to copy the pwsdll.dll from the beta2 folder into the tracker folder. You should also delete all the trackerdb.* files and then try again.

If you are still getting errors from earlier turns under the multi-load (and this happens to me too) but tracker still loads then everything is ok...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”