A question about KG Kuhlman

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
SteveMcClaire

RE: A question about KG Kuhlman

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Sapa

For people like me that wants to have the "details" right its sad to see SS with "wrong" vehicles just because the Shermans should have variations...

I am still uncertain why you think the SS are using the wrong vehicles. A Panther is a Panther. The SS did not have their own production line of Panther tanks that was different than they Heer.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, the tank crews do share uniform images between the SS and Heer. Technically the only difference between the two (both wore Panzer-Black) would be the rank insignia.  Both are distinct from the Heer infantry uniforms (black vs. field gray) already. The tint of the waffenfarbe is something that may be addressed.

There is some cleanup work to be done on the new modding tools, but I expect them to be available in a week or two.

Steve
squadleader_id

Post by squadleader_id »

Can't wait for the modding tools! Thanks, Steve!

A few notes...
Sure the Waffen-SS Panthers were basically the same as the Heer versions...but...the SS Panzer Divisions did have their distinct camo schemes. So mixing them up with plain dunkel gelb Panthers (Heer camo schemes) ruins "historically accurate formations and units".

Both SS and Heer Panzer crews in PitF (and the other rereleases) are depicted with Heer infantry collar tabs (double Litzen)...instead of Panzer collar tabs (Totenkopf). Minor details but not historically correct. Assault gun crews also wore gray Assault Gun wrap...not black Panzer wrap.

One more annoying thing...I dunno whose bright idea it was to flip the SS ranks graphics (they're now showing the right side/shoulder of the soldier)...the Waffen-SS camo is cute...but if you flip the graphics then there's a problem! The right side should show SS runes unit collar patch...and not the collar rank insignia. Historically: SS-runes on the right collar-patch and the rank insignia on the left. Flip them back please [;)]
The same goes for Waffen-SS Panzer crews ranks...flip them back so they show the left side of the soldier...wait a sec...there are no SS Panzer crew ranks for the current version...they're shared with Heer ranks...my bad [:D]
WoT

Post by WoT »

Assault gun crews also wore gray Assault Gun wrap...not black Panzer wrap.

IIRC this was fixed in Wacht am Rhein???

The panzer crews also had panzer pink waffenfarbe in Wacht am Rhein
Sapa

Post by Sapa »

Even in Sliterhines other "new" game Panzer Gene...oopppss...Panzer Corps did the know how to make the right look of the SS armour

Attachments
tanks.jpg
tanks.jpg (105.21 KiB) Viewed 170 times
squadleader_id

Post by squadleader_id »

^^^
And I bet the Panzer Corps crewmen are not wearing black uniforms with double Litzen collar tabs [:D]
Sapa

Post by Sapa »

the Americans can drive around with there "variations of Sheman tanks" and my SS armour has cammo[:D] Now its just all the other SS vehicles to fix...

When im done i will upload the two files for FREE!

"What others cant do you have to do on your own"

Attachments
done.jpg
done.jpg (207.32 KiB) Viewed 175 times
squadleader_id

Post by squadleader_id »

^
Like this!!! Keep digging and fixing, Mats!
thesock

Post by thesock »

Nice work
squadleader_id

Post by squadleader_id »

Thanks for releasing the tools.
Without messing with the data files (still waiting for changes in the upcoming major patch) to swap and add Nations and Styles...some quick tweaks and corrections on the ranks graphics (see previous posts).

Panzer crews with historical uniforms: panzer wraps, totenkopf patches (no more double litzen infantry collar tabs), pink waffenfarbe.

Waffen SS troops with flipped/corrected uniforms: SS-runes on the right collar-patch and the rank insignia on the left, white infantry waffenfarbe (Waffen SS PzGrenadiers also wore white waffenfarbe, not grass green like their Heer counterparts). I like the SS camo design for PitF, but tweaked it a bit...collar rank insignia were not worn on camo smocks.

thesock

Post by thesock »

I'd like a tank that can have a round up the spout, that can drive quickly across clear ground without zig zagging or turning 360. What a baled out crew are wearing as I machinegun them is niether here nor there. Game play is what it's all about. Love the new mortar fire setup.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Way to go Sapa and Squadleader_id. What attention to detail!!! [&o]
Hesus de bodemloze

Post by Hesus de bodemloze »

Can't wait for a release of this.
nemo7

Post by nemo7 »

Any news on this?
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I think this "mixing" feature should have been done to the infantry instead.
Hard-core Spectre
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

can someone tell me how sapa was able to get a Marder III and pz 2 in his Kuhlman forcepool???? I can't find it in ANY group.

Return to “Tech Support”