New Info/Questions Here

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
k9mike

New Info/Questions Here

Post by k9mike »

Guys, thought would start a fresh post for any and all new info, and or questions. [:)]
k9mike

RE: New Info/Questions Here

Post by k9mike »

Guess could just remove this thread Mods...no one is using it anyway...don't know if there is a remove button....
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Knowing the board game rules required? Although knowing the rules will make this game more enjoyable I'm guessing.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

So...(Wodin)...What boardgame rules would be applicable to this release? Any LnL rules?
wodin

Post by wodin »

No idea K9mike...with it being in development so long would be difficult to say. Personally I'm staying away from the rules. Mainly because for me it may take away some of the immersion. Remember as it's a boardgame and things will be very simple and abstract under the hood, where I like to think it's all very complex and realistic.:) Rules I say Band of heroes 2nd edition and Swift and Bold and Not one Step Back and maybe even Dark July all those will have rules that I presume will be used..plus new rules for the PC game as said below. Also we have a campaign system in the PC game.

Here are two quotes for the game page..

"A turn-based game, Heroes of Stalingrad retains Lock 'n Load's engaging impulse system while adding features, such as flanking fire, hidden units, and residual machine gun fire, that would just be too fiddly for the boardgame. "

" Heroes of Stalingrad is NOT a board game. We hate to say that, but we get these kinda questions. It's a seriously amped, turn-based, razor-sharp AI boosted computer game. For Windows PC. Not Mac. Yet. Maybe later. "

Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

How good is FOW. I'm guessing more along the lines of BORG spotting used.
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Do weapons have limited ammo supply?
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Can infantry units go berserk or fanatic.
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Are hulldown positions modeled in HOS.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

I think that is in the boardgame..also hero unit mechanic.

There might be a downloadable rule book somewhere online you could read.

Highly unlikely this will be Tank heavy as the maps aren't huge. Also if it's set in Stalingrad itself few tanks where used..mainly for support purpose and then had huge difficulty trying to move. I imagine it's going to be Infantry centric.

Ammo supply etc..again unlikely a boardgame models that to any high degree. HPS SB did it but in a fudged up way sadly. This isn't going to be a totally different game to the boardgame going by the counter Info, though I'd love it if boardgame abstractions had been taken out altogether and we had individual weapons and men and proper ammo supply...ROF etc etc, though this isn't the case.
Bradley62

Post by Bradley62 »

Can weapons MG get jammed during battle.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Thats in the boardgame I'm sure.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

Thanks Wodin...I was just going to read up abit on the Band of heroes rules...just as a little bit of ref..
since I have no experience with any of these titles.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: k9mike

Thanks Wodin...I was just going to read up abit on the Band of heroes rules...just as a little bit of ref..
since I have no experience with any of these titles.

k9mike, download this print and play demo for Band of Heroes. It has a map, counters and rules to play the included scenario. Heroes of Stalingrad will play just like this... with a few additions that are available because of PC play.

http://www.locknloadgame.com/_siteFiles ... ayDEMO.zip
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Knowing the board game rules required? Although knowing the rules will make this game more enjoyable I'm guessing.

The rules will be the same as the board game. Knowing those will make you a better player.
[;)]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

How good is FOW. I'm guessing more along the lines of BORG spotting used.

Same as in the board game, once a hex is spotted, it's spotted for everyone. Until the end of the current turn. Then you need to be spotted again.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Do weapons have limited ammo supply?

Some. Like a satchel charge is one use only. Most have unlimited ammo.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Not as such. There is a mechanism for squads to spawn a hero unit. These have special abilities when fighting... especially in melee.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Are hulldown positions modeled in HOS.

No.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Not in this module.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”