HITMAN202 versus THEPRO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

HITMAN202

RE: HITMAN202 versus THEPRO's Sean is welcomed ... Sillyflower is allowed.

Post by HITMAN202 »

I took the Dnepr (it was given to me.) Run, run, run

Attachments
AGST6.jpg
AGST6.jpg (452.91 KiB) Viewed 116 times
WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Quit teasing with all these pictures of pretty counters, where are the numbers? OOB & losses, including #units lost.

GE ARM pool could also be of interest.
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

I did get a little pocket..

smokingdave, about AGC... well .... I took 5 divisions and 1 reg south. Well here's why 1) I made a Brest Litovsk Pocket with two, caught 6 routed units, and sent them south to... well they did nothing. Should have sent them north. 2) Of course 2 div and 1 reg helped to make the big Lvov pocket, and 3) I need a div to secure the mini Rovno pocket, which was a near failure.

I know dave (do you know that HITMAN and SILLYLOWER have similar forenames), that's 9 divisions and 1 reg. Two of the group that were sent south was a mistake. And I did have an oppotuity later in AGC. All hindsight.

Pz's in AGC sit on their hands until turn 7 or so. There's not a lot to do with them as the supply is so poor. But with the ability to gas up Mech units now, it was a mistake. But just 2 divisions. I needed to secure the Rovno pocket (IMO a big deal) and the 4 that went to AGN were needed. Would I play different now ??? Yea, a lot different. My next opponent will discover !!!

Attachments
AGST8.jpg
AGST8.jpg (450.81 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Gingerbread, get in the back seat with MT. It'll come. Armanent Points have never a problem with me. I put all TOE's at 55 at the start (except Inf,Pz,Infantry) . But I do have a problem now (how did you suspect it ???) They're at 1000 ??? What am I doing wrong ??? I"ve never faced this before. ??!! I'm glad you asked.

Attachments
AGSt9.jpg
AGSt9.jpg (443.77 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Start of move 10... THEPRO's decided to make a stand at D and Z town on the Dnepr.

About Gingerbread's comments about "pictures and pretty counters." He's right, but one of the big attractions to WITE is that it is very esthetic. The colors of the board and it's layout, the pieces and their colors and shades, and the 2-D panorama it creates. It's very pleasing.

How to I take that red=star hex. Crucial for the pocket.
Attachments
start10.jpg
start10.jpg (456.95 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Now we are up tp date. (Sillyflower, in fact just sent me the Sov 11th turn.. took a glance at it.. unusual.. it looks like he's softening up the front in AGN or AGC, or is it that the attrition is softening up the two fronts. The defense CV's are way down.. later)

Start turn 11 ... THEPRO'S should have vacated the Dnepr. Nice pocket. Took the key hex just south of Z-town the hard way; from the east.

Attachments
AGSstart11.jpg
AGSstart11.jpg (471.21 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Completed 11th turn. Chasing, chasing , chasing...

Attachments
end11.jpg
end11.jpg (426.73 KiB) Viewed 116 times
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

Now Sillyflower, you chided me for calling you English and clearly identified your heritage as "British." What should I call you ??? And me a Yank ??? They kicked ass way back in 1776-80. Some people never forget a Yorktown. And geography ??? Considering that Britian once was an empire, geography should never be taught in London. It would hurt the youth to see what has been lost.

I'm sure I have never chided anyone for calling me English. As for geography, I went to a school that didn't teach it as it was not a proper academic subject, but even I know you Yanks are still colonials really, even if you are now self-governing. 1776 was no different from letting a child leave home. Why else does our Royal Family make y'all go weak at the knees? You even tolerate Fergie for Heaven's sake.

Smokindave is our long-term opponent I mentioned. Up to Aug '43 now.

Don't blame your lack of trash talk on oestrogen. Rosanne Barr can give you lessons even if it is one of those 'don't try it at home' things. Or 'home and work' I should say.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

Armanent Points have never a problem with me. I put all TOE's at 55 at the start (except Inf,Pz,Infantry) . But I do have a problem now (how did you suspect it ???) They're at 1000 ??? What am I doing wrong ??? I"ve never faced this before. ??!!

Assuming you set TOEs right it's due to v high losses in your mobile units, plus AGN and AGC grinding.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

Still looking for screenshots of the center.....maybe there is some secret axis plan the Hitman is holding back on sharing?
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Your're right Sillyflower. I was looking at other AARs to compare losses and get some insight to armanent expediture and in cpt flam-morvael, flame said his armanent points were out on turn 13. I didn't have losses to compare but the turn 11 OOB's ... HIT-PRO/cpt-mor were comparable... Axis 3.401/3.427 (armor about the same) ; Soviet 4.612/4.693. I'm not out of armanent points yet, but my dilemma feels less threatening with cpt flame's similar problem while having 26,000 fewer casualties. His opponent's casualties were about 70,000 fewer than yours (3-1 loss ratio.)

I'll cut back Toe on weaker infantry units this turn. Usually I wait until 15-16 turn to do so.

Thanks for your help. Your're still my enemy Englishman. Sean I'm not forgetting; your're persona non grata also.

gingerbread I agree with your beef with me about not putting out numbers. I struggled to get the same info from other AAR's. I'll include those in some organized format soon. Thank's for your're rebuke and remarkable clairvoyance.
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

smokingdave, get in the back seat with MT, gingerbread (I take back my apology), and whoever else wants to wrangle with me. I'm still waiting for some handicap from THEPRO'S. Come to my aid Flaviusx. The nerve of you to take advantage of me Siilyflower. How dare you ask to be paid when you accepted my challenge. Your're going to need your best courtroom cleverness to explain that one , counselor.
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

All right. Now for AGC. Remember I depleted it of armor. So don't expect a lot. Even worse they followed Flaviusx's axioms for best AGC play for the Soviets.

Remember I secured a nice pocket all the way to Minsk and got my infantry quicly marching to the Smolensk landbridge.

The start of the 5 th turn.

THEPRO'S did little to defend the landbridge. But they strongly held the bend in the Dnepr and started to construct a formidable D-line just west of Vzayma.
Attachments
AGCstart4.jpg
AGCstart4.jpg (468.45 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

The start of turn 8. I barely hit the D line west of Vzayma on turn 7 and THEPRO'S begun a deliberate, planned, slow withdrawl. Not really a withdrawl, but they concede hexes that would be impossible to strongly hold by throwing in a weak unit that I would be forced to displace.

Attachments
AGCstart8.jpg
AGCstart8.jpg (487.29 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

The serious grind begins. I have no space to use the few AGC Pz's to make sweeping moves, but use them to herd retreating units to rout. That is the new technique I'm learning and you have to master it to have any chance of success.

Start of turn 10

Attachments
AGCstart9.jpg
AGCstart9.jpg (502.78 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

The last 2 turns I have been forcing 10-18 routs a turn and the pace continues . It's a bloody grind. I have experienced this in front of the Neva and in hexes close to Moscow, but not on turn 9, 11 hexes from the Kremlin.

The ARR is caught up. The start of turn 11 AGC.

Outlined are the hexes they concede, but because of the possibility reserve activation they have to be strongly attacked. THEPRO'S don't even try to defend clear terrain.
Attachments
AGCstrat11.jpg
AGCstrat11.jpg (520.46 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Completion of AGC turn 11. Red hexes taken. Black held. AGC with 11 Pz (4 made their way back home via AGC/AGS linkup) and 46 infantry. Twenty-one infantry had 13-16 MP's !!! I've never had experienced this before. So far I've only done 1 HQBUP (AGN T5) and I see the benefits of limiting them. Sapper's belief that they are to be avoided is spot on IMO.

Heavy casualties... Axis 8,000... Soviets 30,000 with 15 units routed (some noth of screen.)
Attachments
AGCend11.jpg
AGCend11.jpg (521.27 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Attachments
t11a.jpg
t11a.jpg (315.29 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Attachments
11b.jpg
11b.jpg (263.41 KiB) Viewed 116 times
HITMAN202

Post by HITMAN202 »

Attachments
11c.jpg
11c.jpg (309.14 KiB) Viewed 116 times

Return to “After Action Reports”