buying back destroyed japanese land units

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Hatamoto

buying back destroyed japanese land units

Post by Hatamoto »

Destroyed japanese land units which are bought back via PP arrive in Tokyo after some months, but then they are permanently restricted - or can they be assigned to unrestricted HQs via PP spending? If they cant be reassigned - is there any way to avoid this, for example switching Tokyo to another unrestricted command? What do experienced jap players do with lost units?
Mike Solli

RE: buying back destroyed japanese land units

Post by Mike Solli »

They come back attached to General Defense Force, a restricted command. They can be reassigned with PPs and fortunately, they have only 1 or 2 squads so they cost only a couple of points to reassign. Just make sure and do it before you rebuild the unit.
Created by the amazing Dixie
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

Also rebuying cost less if you do it the next day you lost the LCU. I've done it
several times and I notice that more time passes, the higher the cost...but maybe
I can be wrong on this point. And normally, when you pay PP, they turn back in 20-25
days.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Smaller the units the cheaper they are, so if the units are fully develop then it will be hellva lot more than you can imagine. So plan ahead before they get too big. Samn for aircrafts as well.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

They come back attached to General Defense Force, a restricted command. They can be reassigned with PPs and fortunately, they have only 1 or 2 squads so they cost only a couple of points to reassign. Just make sure and do it before you rebuild the unit.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Hatamoto

Post by Hatamoto »

thanks a lot for your quick answers folks! I thought general defense hq units all can´t be bought out to other hqs and thought about changing tokyo to some unrestricted hq. Now I´ll be able to spend all those PPs for more useful stuff.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”