Legion 2?

Legion is now available on iPad!
In Slitherine Strategies' Legion Gold, Gates of Troy and Spartan and Chariots of War (re-releases), you will lead your nation to victory in the ancient world’s greatest battles. Control a vast empire and fight epic battles on 3D battlefields. Historical heroes to come to your aid it will take strategy to build your civilization and conquer your enemies. Gates of Troy and Spartan are fully compatible and owners of both titles can play the full set of scenarios with the Gates of Troy engine.
Skeleton

Legion 2?

Post by Skeleton »

I recall several years ago, that there were plans for a Legion 2. Have those plans ever materialized or progressed or have they been scrapped? If they have, what changes are being implemented? Thank you for any input or direction you can provide.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
IainMcNeil

RE: Legion 2?

Post by IainMcNeil »

We did start work on it more than once but it never came to anything unfortunately.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Go on give it another go.

Legion 2 with a map for the whole of the Roman empire and using the Legions / GB of Rome / GB Medieval battle engine would be a superb game.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Is there any chance this could be resurrected? To add a real tactical focus on the combat with the overall strategy and empire building aspects of the game would be something that is lacking sorely. There are just so few turned based, serious games out there and with the exception of the combat, I really enjoyed Gates of Troy and Spartan and thought it has a very well done sense of immersion and depth. I hope you one day reconsider.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Still waiting after so many years since Spartan...you've got enought team to pull it off now...
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

why have legion 2 when rome 2 is coming. the moders will improve on the game.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

ORIGINAL: general_solomon

why have legion 2 when rome 2 is coming. the moders will improve on the game.

Because it's a different type of game. As a father of 2, i have time for 5 minutes battles and longer thinking times for the turn-based part. In Total War, i spend more time on the battlefield than on the Turn-based Strategy map...time i don't have nowadays. And even when i had it, i usually prefer to spend more time on the turn-based part of the game and occasionaly on longer battles. The battles in Rome 2 look awesome but they also look like a lot of work...
Rtwfreak

Post by Rtwfreak »

I personally would rather see an empire builder attached with the Field of Glory battle engine instead of Legion II unless Legion II was going to use this FOG battle engine.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

I personally would rather see an empire builder attached with the Field of Glory battle engine instead of Legion II unless Legion II was going to use this FOG battle engine.
This is an option i was also suggesting a while back.

Return to “Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War”