Have anyone noticed one flaw of WitP:AE?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Rising-Sun

Have anyone noticed one flaw of WitP:AE?

Post by Rising-Sun »

Can anyone guess it? I played vs. AI and realise it kinda ruin'in my gameplay and just noticed it just now. So i need to work on this project as soon as possible.

I dont think this was ever bought up by anyone i know of or seen any details on the forum. Again can anyone figure out what i am talking about??
Gunnulf

RE: Have anyone noticed one flaw of WitP:AE?

Post by Gunnulf »

Its not actually real?
"Stay low, move fast"
pws1225

Post by pws1225 »

Nope.
dcpollay

Post by dcpollay »

I haven't found any flaws yet, but if it turns out there is one, that would explain all the complaining on the forum! [X(]
"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Colonel Mustard

I haven't found any flaws yet, but if it turns out there is one, that would explain all the complaining on the forum! [X(]

Maybe that's the flaw he found?

Colonel Mustard in the Forum with the Complaint?!
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

When I find a flaw you will be the first to know....
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

Okay i let you know what the situations is, awhile back i was looking into the Japanese aircraft factories and noticed some of them are incorrect. Couple months ago i though about playing vs. AI again (scen 1) and made it to Jan 1942, samn time Hong Kong fell. I got some popups saying the reinforcements have arrive in vary places. One landed in Wotje Island (Wotje Base Force), so that unit got a free ride all the way to the island without having to transport there.

Some places have barracks and training grounds, for example Regiment was form in Manila and that make sense as long they are Philipinos. There also air groups get placed in front line without having them form up in the mainlands and then transfer to XY locations.

I looked into the Allied Reinforcements, its not as bad as it look. But for the Imperial Japanese really need to be corrected somehow.

Here the screenshot...

The ships is okay for all sides.
janh

Post by janh »

It regularly causes cases of cold coffee when it get sucked in too deep into doing my turns. And it definitely lacks a quick order interface from the base screen to the next pizza service. Would that count?
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

Oh, the old "unit teleporting" issue - can be changed with the editor.

My pet flaw is that ship crews do not need to eat > no supply consumption for ships (apart from ammo replenishing).
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Oh, the old "unit teleporting" issue - can be changed with the editor.

My pet flaw is that ship crews do not need to eat > no supply consumption for ships (apart from ammo replenishing).

That what i am doing at the moment, also have another mod with more accurate Japanese Aircraft Factories. So i need to merge them and fix this so i can test it myself.
Reg

Post by Reg »

I thought it was obvious. They just synthesize meals on demand in their replicators from the copious amount of organic fuel that is loaded on board whenever they make port. Must be true as I've seen them do it on USS Enterprise (NCC1701) on TV...... [:D]

As for the Wotje Base force appearing in the middle of the pacific, how else can the scenario designer nudge the player along a reasonably historical timeline rather than just provide another reinforcement to be diverted to China!!

Just think of the deployment being arranged by some nameless bureaucrat in a tiny office somewhere using resources not modeled by the game, saving you the trouble of doing it yourself....

When you build a simulation, some abstraction is inevitable. The trick is to make it unnoticeable and used where the effects are unimportant. [8D]

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

The biggest flaw playing the AI that is likely to affect your game play is the ability to reload a turn when it doesn't work out the way you want to (or is an unmitigated disaster).

In PBEM you pay for your mistakes, permanently.
gradenko2k

Post by gradenko2k »

To spare an already extremely involved game from even more concessions to "realism" that wouldn't significantly add gameplay nuance is not what I would consider a flaw so much as a saving grace!
nashvillen

Post by nashvillen »

It is also difficult to take a restricted unit (assigned to the location it is to be in) and load it into a ship without having to pay PPs for that load then you would have to move it to the location needed or on a slow boat to China. Either way, it isn't arriving in the location in the condition it needs to be in for the political side of things. The transportation is just a kludge to take care of this.

It makes the game more playable, hence, more fun...
obvert

Post by obvert »

Where are the WASPS and the WAVES, and the Red Cross Ladys?

This game is definitely flawed!

Attachments
other_wave65.jpg
other_wave65.jpg (72.98 KiB) Viewed 69 times
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

The biggest flaw playing the AI that is likely to affect your game play is the ability to reload a turn when it doesn't work out the way you want to (or is an unmitigated disaster).

In PBEM you pay for your mistakes, permanently.

Luckily it isn't necessary for the AI to pay for its mistakes permanantly.

I can and DO replay turns regularly to fix my opponents disasters.
Hans

LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

ORIGINAL: gradenko_2000

To spare an already extremely involved game from even more concessions to "realism" that wouldn't significantly add gameplay nuance is not what I would consider a flaw so much as a saving grace!

Anything that helps reducing the overabundance of supplies and slowing the tempo of operations is fine with me. No additional player action whatsoever would be involved, apart from more efforts to keep supply levels at naval bases from going "red" and maybe to think twice before launching such "realistic" operations like invading Australia, India or the West Coast.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Flaw? In terms of design, no. On the other hand, it is so geeky that even my own mother mocks me for playing it.
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: obvert

Where are the WASPS and the WAVES, and the Red Cross Ladys?

This game is definitely flawed!

There ARE a number of photo mods available which accomplish what you're after. [:)]
The Moose
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Flaw? In terms of design, no. On the other hand, it is so geeky that even my own mother mocks me for playing it.

My wife does the same. And she thinks that playing the game is cool compared to making little pixel pictures of aeroplanes and ships for the game. I'm hiding the shame from my parents!
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”