WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Mistmatz

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.2 Available!

Post by Mistmatz »

My issue is solved, it was indeed a dated pwsdll.dll. I took the one from the game installation directory to find out later that the latest is actually located in the Beta2 directory.

Thanks all for your swift support!
If you gained knowledge through the forum, why not putting it into the AE wiki?

http://witp-ae.wikia.com/wiki/War_in_th ... ition_Wiki

uncivil_servant

Post by uncivil_servant »

Unable to load the "next" turn. 1.9.2 June 16th

OK. I have been unable to find the solution on my own so I'm mking a post here...

My first WitpAE game.. I sucessfully got Tracker to load turn one.. great.. but because i restarted and didn't delete the db files I had to-restart Tracker at day two of my current game which I am doing a Newbie AAR of. My problem is I cannot get the next turn to load. I click "read Turn" and nothing happens.. even being patient..

This is twice I am unable to brign up the next day's events but have no clue why. I am saving the game in the proper slot (the default .005)

Further, trying the multi-turn load the save files - any save files for that matter - do not appear.. even looking in the folder they're in...

At this time I am limited to deleting the db files after every turn and going through the first turn set-up procedures of running the jar file, etc.

Deleting the db files and goign through the "day one" set-up I can now see my day three results but I could not get to day three by either using the load turn or the multi-turn read as there were no selectable .pws files.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: uncivil_servant

Unable to load the "next" turn. 1.9.2 June 16th

OK. I have been unable to find the solution on my own so I'm mking a post here...

My first WitpAE game.. I sucessfully got Tracker to load turn one.. great.. but because i restarted and didn't delete the db files I had to-restart Tracker at day two of my current game which I am doing a Newbie AAR of. My problem is I cannot get the next turn to load. I click "read Turn" and nothing happens.. even being patient..

This is twice I am unable to brign up the next day's events but have no clue why. I am saving the game in the proper slot (the default .005)

Further, trying the multi-turn load the save files - any save files for that matter - do not appear.. even looking in the folder they're in...

At this time I am limited to deleting the db files after every turn and going through the first turn set-up procedures of running the jar file, etc.

Deleting the db files and goign through the "day one" set-up I can now see my day three results but I could not get to day three by either using the load turn or the multi-turn read as there were no selectable .pws files.
Did you click the check box on the multi-read screen ?

If not watch https://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/
https://sites.google.com/site/witpaepro ... edirects=0
uncivil_servant

Yes I have watched the vid and attempted either method.
For loading just one turn - the progress section in the lower right never does anything - never loads or shows loading anything.
For utilizing the multi-turn - I get an infinite loop where nothing pops up - no window to select a game file after checking the box.

Also - I get a runtime error when using the standard batch file - not enough memory. As a result I run the no map version.
floydg

Post by floydg »

For loading just one turn - the progress section in the lower right never does anything - never loads or shows loading anything.
For utilizing the multi-turn - I get an infinite loop where nothing pops up - no window to select a game file after checking the box.

Also - I get a runtime error when using the standard batch file - not enough memory. As a result I run the no map version.

Are there any messages in the DOS command window?
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: floydg

Are there any messages in the DOS command window?
I've got a feeling he's using Java7 which allows a first turn load but then no further load (and no errors). So, I guess the question to uncivil is what Java do you have installed and can you show me the batch file settings please...
uncivil_servant

Hi n01487477 and floydg...

OK - read the above and checked Jva through the control panel - I have product 1.6.0_27

I do have an exception in the cmd.exe window - I had to scroll through it thoroughly..
BEGIN
exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-O" java.lang.noclassDefFoundError: could not initialize class JNI.pws.JNI.pws
END

There are also errors at the start of the cmd.exe window when I scroled all the way up - pasted below after my guess at what you were asking for with the batch file settings.. the oen that looks more pertinents is copied here:
BEGIN
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix
Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTrackerAERelease1.8\pwsdll.dll:
END

I do not know which file you mean by batch file settings... but in trackerdb properties I have:
#HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0.7
#Tue Mar 05 02:18:31 EST 2013
hsqldb.script_format=0
runtime.gc_interval=0
sql.enforce_strict_size=false
hsqldb.cache_size_scale=8
readonly=false
hsqldb.nio_data_file=true
hsqldb.cache_scale=14
version=1.8.0
hsqldb.default_table_type=memory
hsqldb.cache_file_scale=1
hsqldb.log_size=200
modified=no
hsqldb.cache_version=1.7.0
hsqldb.original_version=1.8.0
hsqldb.compatible_version=1.8.0

>>>>>
ERROR: base 824 name of <Ahmedabad> does not match the name in the import file (
Ahmadabad)
ERROR: base 1157 name of <Pamekasan> does not match the name in the import file
(Pamakasan)
ERROR: base 1162 name of <Tjilatjap> does not match the name in the import file
(Tjilitjap)
ERROR: base 1212 name of <Dobo> does not match the name in the import file (Aru
Island)
ERROR: base 1216 name of <Tandjoengpinang> does not match the name in the import
file (Bintan)
ERROR: base 1220 name of <Denpasar> does not match the name in the import file (
Den Passar)
ERROR: base 1228 name of <Kai-eilanden> does not match the name in the import fi
le (Kai Island)
ERROR: base 1229 name of <Kalao> does not match the name in the import file (Kal
ao Island)
ERROR: base 1245 name of <Groot Natoena> does not match the name in the import f
ile (Bunguran)
ERROR: base 1246 name of <Nias> does not match the name in the import file (Nias
Island)
ERROR: base 1248 name of <Pagai-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Pagai Island)
ERROR: base 1250 name of <Bima> does not match the name in the import file (Raba
)
ERROR: base 1251 name of <Roti> does not match the name in the import file (Roti
Island)
ERROR: base 1253 name of <Sangi> does not match the name in the import file (San
gihe)
ERROR: base 1255 name of <Sawoe-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Sawoe Islands)
ERROR: base 1260 name of <Siberoet> does not match the name in the import file (
Siberoet Island)
ERROR: base 1262 name of <Soebi-besar> does not match the name in the import fil
e (Subi Island)
ERROR: base 1263 name of <Talaud-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Talaud Island)
ERROR: base 1265 name of <Tambelan-eilanden> does not match the name in the impo
rt file (Tambelan Islands)
ERROR: base 1266 name of <Tanahdjampea> does not match the name in the import fi
le (Tanahdjampea Island)
ERROR: base 1269 name of <Tockangbesi-eilanden> does not match the name in the i
mport file (Tockangbesi Islands)
ERROR: base 1270 name of <Waigeo> does not match the name in the import file (Wa
igeo Island)
ERROR: base 1271 name of <Waingapoe> does not match the name in the import file
(Waingapu)
ERROR: base 1272 name of <Wetar> does not match the name in the import file (Wet
ar Island)
ERROR: base 1497 name of <Batoe-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Batoe Islands)
ERROR: base 1498 name of <Sipora> does not match the name in the import file (Si
pora Island)
ERROR: base 1506 name of <Togian-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Togian Islands)
ERROR: base 1524 name of <Tjepoe> does not match the name in the import file (Kr
agan)
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Matrix
uncivil_servant

Double-post: sorry.
floydg

Post by floydg »

Hi n01487477 and floydg...

OK - read the above and checked Jva through the control panel - I have product 1.6.0_27

I do have an exception in the cmd.exe window - I had to scroll through it thoroughly..
BEGIN
exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-O" java.lang.noclassDefFoundError: could not initialize class JNI.pws.JNI.pws
END

There are also errors at the start of the cmd.exe window when I scroled all the way up - pasted below after my guess at what you were asking for with the batch file settings.. the oen that looks more pertinents is copied here:
BEGIN
END

I do not know which file you mean by batch file settings... but in trackerdb properties I have:
#HSQL Database Engine 1.8.0.7
#Tue Mar 05 02:18:31 EST 2013
hsqldb.script_format=0
runtime.gc_interval=0
sql.enforce_strict_size=false
hsqldb.cache_size_scale=8
readonly=false
hsqldb.nio_data_file=true
hsqldb.cache_scale=14
version=1.8.0
hsqldb.default_table_type=memory
hsqldb.cache_file_scale=1
hsqldb.log_size=200
modified=no
hsqldb.cache_version=1.7.0
hsqldb.original_version=1.8.0
hsqldb.compatible_version=1.8.0

>>>>>
ERROR: base 824 name of <Ahmedabad> does not match the name in the import file (
Ahmadabad)
ERROR: base 1157 name of <Pamekasan> does not match the name in the import file
(Pamakasan)
ERROR: base 1162 name of <Tjilatjap> does not match the name in the import file
(Tjilitjap)
ERROR: base 1212 name of <Dobo> does not match the name in the import file (Aru
Island)
ERROR: base 1216 name of <Tandjoengpinang> does not match the name in the import
file (Bintan)
ERROR: base 1220 name of <Denpasar> does not match the name in the import file (
Den Passar)
ERROR: base 1228 name of <Kai-eilanden> does not match the name in the import fi
le (Kai Island)
ERROR: base 1229 name of <Kalao> does not match the name in the import file (Kal
ao Island)
ERROR: base 1245 name of <Groot Natoena> does not match the name in the import f
ile (Bunguran)
ERROR: base 1246 name of <Nias> does not match the name in the import file (Nias
Island)
ERROR: base 1248 name of <Pagai-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Pagai Island)
ERROR: base 1250 name of <Bima> does not match the name in the import file (Raba
)
ERROR: base 1251 name of <Roti> does not match the name in the import file (Roti
Island)
ERROR: base 1253 name of <Sangi> does not match the name in the import file (San
gihe)
ERROR: base 1255 name of <Sawoe-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Sawoe Islands)
ERROR: base 1260 name of <Siberoet> does not match the name in the import file (
Siberoet Island)
ERROR: base 1262 name of <Soebi-besar> does not match the name in the import fil
e (Subi Island)
ERROR: base 1263 name of <Talaud-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Talaud Island)
ERROR: base 1265 name of <Tambelan-eilanden> does not match the name in the impo
rt file (Tambelan Islands)
ERROR: base 1266 name of <Tanahdjampea> does not match the name in the import fi
le (Tanahdjampea Island)
ERROR: base 1269 name of <Tockangbesi-eilanden> does not match the name in the i
mport file (Tockangbesi Islands)
ERROR: base 1270 name of <Waigeo> does not match the name in the import file (Wa
igeo Island)
ERROR: base 1271 name of <Waingapoe> does not match the name in the import file
(Waingapu)
ERROR: base 1272 name of <Wetar> does not match the name in the import file (Wet
ar Island)
ERROR: base 1497 name of <Batoe-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Batoe Islands)
ERROR: base 1498 name of <Sipora> does not match the name in the import file (Si
pora Island)
ERROR: base 1506 name of <Togian-eilanden> does not match the name in the import
file (Togian Islands)
ERROR: base 1524 name of <Tjepoe> does not match the name in the import file (Kr
agan)

Do you have the pwsdll.dll file in the same folder as the witptracker.jar file? Please be sure you followed the installation instructions.
https://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/installation

Floyd
uncivil_servant

Floydg,

I am rechecking the installation steps as I write this.

I do have a 476kb application extension file pwsdll.dll file in the main witptracker folder

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29953983@N ... hotostream

I can get the program to load and run and bring up any first/latest day of a save game just I canot load additional turns NOR can I use the standard WitPTracker batch file - I have to use the nomap version as the former never results in the program opening - just the black cmd.exe screen.

The error I get there is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

additional note: i got rid of my 64bit windows c++ in favor of the x86 version mentioned explicedly in the install intructions in the hopes that some errors would go away.

Error in the nomap version:

the error in the cmd.exe window after running the no map version (which does load and apparently sucessfully) is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\MatrixGames\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTrackerAERelease1.8\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

QUESTION: Should I get the 2005 c++ only.. or get 2005++ and 2008 c++?
floydg

Post by floydg »

Floydg,

I do have a 476kb application extension file pwsdll.dll file in the main witptracker folder

I can get the program to load and run and bring up any first/latest day of a save game just I canot load additional turns NOR can I use the standard WitPTracker batch file - I have to use the nomap version as the former never results in the program opening - just the black cmd.exe screen.

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

additional note: i got rid of my 64bit windows c++ in favor of the x86 version mentioned explicedly in the install intructions in the hopes that some errors would go away.

the error in the cmd.exe window after running the no map version (which does load and apparently sucessfully) is:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\MatrixGames\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTrackerAERelease1.8\pwsdll.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

I don't even remember what the right versions are any more... The ones I have are 2005 and 2008.

You could increase the heap size in the batch file. Increase the numbers in the .bat file by 64 until you stop getting the error. A post somewhere back in the thread explains how to do it.

n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Floydg,

This is usually caused by the wrong C++ redist or a Java prob.
2005 C++ with the SP's is fine but you can have 2008 C++ etc. Actually if you do an update win7 will automatically install some of these components too.

If you want me to have a look at your computer remotely. PM me after installing Teamviewer8 or skype

Of course you can watch what I'm doing onscreen ;-)
uncivil_servant

How do I get rid of this java error/issue?

Resolved - thank you Damian.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

How do I get rid of this java error/issue?
First step is to uninstall and reinstall all the C++ redist again ... sometimes microsoft 2005 C++ is a problem.
olorin42

Loading latest turn hangs

Post by olorin42 »

I can re-create this. I was unable to load my latest turn - 2/15/42 (it hung on locations). I deleted the database files and restarted. It loads the 12/7/41 turn to init the db. I tried to load the intervening turns and it got to the latest turn and hung again the same place. I deleted the db files again and restarted with the 12/7 turn. II then just load the latest turn and it hangs again. I even re-loaded the 2/14 turn and re-generated 2/15 fresh within the game in case the turn file was dinged somehow. I went thru deleting the files and re-did the process - same hang. So I saved the 2/15 turn into the slot that tracker uses to init the db (005). I deleted the db files and re-ran tracker ... it did not hang ... it gave me this error -

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.
2>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTr
acker.jar"
Initializing WitP Tracker AE database.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2342
at witptracker.SaveFileReader.ReadLocationInfo(SaveFileReader.java:1739)

at witptracker.SaveFileReader.<init>(SaveFileReader.java:183)
at witptracker.Main.main(Main.java:139)

D:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.
2>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

So now what????
n01487477

RE: Loading latest turn hangs

Post by n01487477 »

What Floyd says below ...
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: olorin42

I can re-create this. I was unable to load my latest turn - 2/15/42 (it hung on locations). I deleted the database files and restarted. It loads the 12/7/41 turn to init the db. I tried to load the intervening turns and it got to the latest turn and hung again the same place. I deleted the db files again and restarted with the 12/7 turn. II then just load the latest turn and it hangs again. I even re-loaded the 2/14 turn and re-generated 2/15 fresh within the game in case the turn file was dinged somehow. I went thru deleting the files and re-did the process - same hang. So I saved the 2/15 turn into the slot that tracker uses to init the db (005). I deleted the db files and re-ran tracker ... it did not hang ... it gave me this error -

2>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms384m -Xmx512m -jar "WitPTr
acker.jar"

2>pause

So now what????

Can you verify that you're using the proper pwsdll.dll file? If you're working from the latest beta, you need to copy the file over from there (and not use the one that comes with witptracker).

Floyd
olorin42

Post by olorin42 »

acker.jar"

2>pause

So now what????

Can you verify that you're using the proper pwsdll.dll file? If you're working from the latest beta, you need to copy the file over from there (and not use the one that comes with witptracker).

Floyd
I'm running 1.0.6.1108r9 dated Jan 12 2012. I copied the pwsdll.dll file from the game directory to the tracker directory and experienced the same symptoms when running tracker having deleted the database and told tracker to use the current 2/15 turn as the base. Got the same exception noted above. FYI I'm running 1.9.2 tracker.

So now what?
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

acker.jar"

2>pause

So now what????

Floyd
I'm running 1.0.6.1108r9 dated Jan 12 2012. I copied the pwsdll.dll file from the game directory to the tracker directory and experienced the same symptoms when running tracker having deleted the database and told tracker to use the current 2/15 turn as the base. Got the same exception noted above. FYI I'm running 1.9.2 tracker.

So now what?
PM sent
Crackaces

JAVA 7 Updates

Post by Crackaces »

Just a heads up .. the latest Java 7 Update did a search for my Java 6 Installs and attempted to delete the directories, which I did not allow. [Lucky the user control access panel popup and a specific message about acting on the Java 6 update 25 directory [:-] ] Over time I suspect Oracle will be more 'enthusiastic' in its approach to delete Java 6 from systems .... [;)] Right now every time I open a site that uses Java .. it asks to operate on my Java 6 directories .. [8|]

Thus there might be motavation to look at this Java 6 vs. Java 7 problem. Also take a look at the problem that as the db grows the time to launch the program/add a turn expands exponentially .. eventually by around turn 600 making the program quite unusable ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”