New info for those not in beta?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Falokis

New info for those not in beta?

Post by Falokis »

Just wondering if there is anything those of us who are not in beta can hear? I haven't really heard much other than the little tidbits in the announcement thread.
Sithuk

RE: New info for those not in beta?

Post by Sithuk »

Falokis: Erik started a thread to get offers for beta testers. Erik has not posted that the public beta has begun in that thread. I would like to believe that Matrix Games would not start a beta without at least telling those that took the time to respond that they were unsuccessful in their application.

I can only therefore believe that the beta testing has yet to reach the point where non-members of the developer team are testing.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is no public beta for this game. There are strong hints that the beta has started with more than any "minimum beta crew".

I don't know, though :)
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

I want to see screenshots of some actual new gameplay features like we did with past expansions.The new animated combat view would be highest on my list.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

If the beta is in good progress, it would not hurt with some feature leakage. Screenshots of "done" stuff too.

At the same time there is new stuff coming with the start story, and that could benefit from being somewhat hidden until launch.
Quad Fin Rider

Post by Quad Fin Rider »

I hope the beta is not in progress as I took the time to volunteer my services when our help was asked, it would be pretty damned rude not to have gotten at least the courtesy of a "thanks, but no thanks" reply to my original e-mail.
What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey.
martok

Post by martok »

I don't think any of us (who applied for the beta) received a "thanks but no thanks" email, so I wouldn't feel too left out. [:'(] I agree it would've been appreciated, but I'm not surprised we didn't get one.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

The beta testing has been underway for a while. If you applied, you certainly should have received a response? Where did you send the e-mail? If you are interested in helping with the test team, please send another e-mail to karlisr@matrixgames.com.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

[8|]

Seems hardly anyone got a responce.
unclean

Post by unclean »

Yeah, I filled out the beta test form that was sent and never got a response. Even sent out another email.

Guess we didn't make it?
Quad Fin Rider

Post by Quad Fin Rider »

That was the address I sent my request to. I don't mind not having been selected for the beta testing, it was being kept waiting in suspense all this time without a response that was bothersome.
What the hell do you know about surfing, Major? You're from goddamned New Jersey.
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Look at the top of the screen and click All Forums, then scroll right to the bottom and have a look to see if you can see the private beta test forum. There has been at least 1 case where someone didn't receive an e-mail but was meant to have been invited. I guess there has been some issues with e-mails that were meant to be sent out.
Arcatus

Post by Arcatus »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

[8|]

Have you heard of that any got a responce?
Ralzakark

Post by Ralzakark »

Erik has said that beta testing is underway, so some people must have had an invite.

Very sloppy customer engagement not to respond to all those who applied though. [:(]
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
martok

Post by martok »

ORIGINAL: Quad Fin Rider

That was the address I sent my request to.

Same here. (And before anyone asks, yes I double-checked my junk folder to make sure a reply hadn't somehow ended up in there.)

ORIGINAL: Quad Fin Rider

I don't mind not having been selected for the beta testing, it was being kept waiting in suspense all this time without a response that was bothersome.

Exactly. I understand not everyone who applies for a beta will get in, but it's only polite to at least receive a "thanks, but..." reply.

In any case, I've resent my beta access request per Erik's recommendation, so we'll see if I get a response this time.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

I'm sorry, there was obviously some kind of mistake here since our policy is to reply to everyone who applies. I've reviewed this with Karlis and he's going back through old e-mails as well to see if he can figure out what happened.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Pipewrench

Post by Pipewrench »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

[8|]

Have you heard of that any got a responce?
[/quote]

only those that are loved...This is my current desktop background so you know my beta test situation.[;)][:D]

full size desktop background image can be downloaded here.
Sorry but pens, hats and shirts are on back order.
Attachments
hatesme.gif
hatesme.gif (15.71 KiB) Viewed 400 times
“We are limited only by our imagination and our will to act.”
– Ron Garan
jesuswhywhy

Post by jesuswhywhy »

yeah i cant tell if he hates me, or if his confused that i have 2 user names/accounts associated with the various distant world add-ons :( i tried sorting it out in the past but it was a nightmare
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi guys,
I'm sorry, there was obviously some kind of mistake here since our policy is to reply to everyone who applies. I've reviewed this with Karlis and he's going back through old e-mails as well to see if he can figure out what happened.
Regards, - Erik

Speaking only for myself, I thought all I had to do was reply on the forum; I probably misread or misunderstood myself. But if others thought this way... [:)]
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I can definitively say that replies on the forum don't work - you have to e-mail Karlis.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”