Can't get resolution change to work

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

PKH

Can't get resolution change to work

Post by PKH »

I just got the game and installed the latest patch which has the resolution option in preferences. I can set the resolution, but it has no effect. When restarting the game, the values in the preferences screen have been reset to the default values. Also I can not change between full screen and window mode. I'm running on windows 7 64bit.
Changing the scroll speed f.ex. in preferences also seem to have no effect. Any ideas ? I've tried running the program as administrator but there is no change.

Edit: It seems the settings are not saved. If I reduce the music volume f.ex. it has an effect, but when the game is restarted the volume is back to it's old value. I haven't seen a configuration file in the program directory, so unless it's stored elsewhere it could be that it is unable to save it for some reason. I use the default folders (c:/matrixgames/...)
CB60

RE: Can't get resolution change to work

Post by CB60 »

Try going to preferences, clicking full screen, then mousing over to your desktop and setting your resolution to the games default. Now close the game immediately and restart. Should work, did for me and I have a 64 bit Win7 system. Unfortunately, the videos don't play, but ah well.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Moving to win7 has also caused my videos to no longer play, but the other issue you have I don't have in win7 64bit. My preference file saves just fine. The file that saves this info is called wawpref.dat it's in the dat/save folder. There are only a few files there. See if you got a copy of that. If you do I think for some reason windows is refusing to modify that file for you. That's an admin issue. I know you said you covered that, but that has got to be the problem I think. Anyway if nothing works use my old res trick to increase resolution. Find it under the pinned thread area.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
jcrohio

Post by jcrohio »

Could this be from not creating a save game folder in the dat folder? I think there was something about that in earlier posts? If you want the movies run the game in a window.
Jack
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Yes I can confirm that when I tried to run the videos again they did work when the game is run in window mode.

As far as the save game folder not being located within the dat folder I got no idea why that would happen. Intentionally moved? If so, why?
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
PKH

Post by PKH »

Creating the dat/save folder seems to have fixed the issues. Screen resolution works, as well as settings and savegames. Thx.

Return to “Tech Support”