Human Revolution

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

StarLab

RE: Human Revolution

Post by StarLab »

ORIGINAL: Antiscamp

In my current game, the only thing I can get out of them in trade is 10.000 creds, but at least they have that to trade. They seem to be entirely bankrupt in your games. I should look into how to make them better at their economics. Thanks for the report.

No problem. :)

Welp! Back to my Cyborg game... Took me 13 hours to play 13 game years yesterday. (Nano-Management?? [:D])

Fun stuff!
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Interesting Update....

Just came across a 2nd Merch race... and they have 279,000 to trade. Offered them a tech and trade went fine.

So went back to check the 1st Merch race...
Money
10 credits
100 credits
1000 credits

Looked like they had some money. However, clicking on any of these does nothing:
Offered Items (0)

I'll keep checking and report back.

Also, I'll attach a save file. See if it happens for you also.
Attachments
HumanRev.dwg.zip
(6.19 MiB) Downloaded 3 times
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Wow. I'm going to check your save file. Glad the trading seemed to go well with the second Merchs though. That means there's not a problem with the race as such.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Been checking since...

The 1st Merch's are back to having nothing (no mention of monetary amounts - just the word money). I've done subsequent trades with the second and all is well.

EDIT: And may I just say, "Holy Fleet Admirals, Batman!" I now have 8 of them!
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

I went into the editor to check on the money situation. The Merchs who won't trade actually have over 10.000. They won't trade in your save game on my end either. I tried setting the Dhayuut to 12.000 and then they wouldn't trade either. I will have to check my other save games as well and see if any civs (vanilla or modded) trade when they're just around 10.000... Weird.

EDIT: Wow. This is the weirdest thing. I gave the Dhayuut 50.000 in the game editor and now they trade, but only for 30.000. I now think the game saves 20.000 for each civ as reserves not to make them go bankrupt because of trading... It would make sense.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Might be the game itself and not your mod at fault. Just coincidence I've come across it now... It might have been there all along as I usually tend to ignore small cash deals. (If not over 100,000, I don't bother...)
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yeah, me too. I always thought I took all of their cash when I did big deals with them before, but we now learned that there's actually a safety function in there to keep them from going totally bankrupt. LOL, as you said in your videos, you learn something new about this game all the time.
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Okay, that was fun! Just finished that game. Mod played fine. [8D]

The 1st Merch race fell early so I didn't get many more trade opportunities with them.

Left the Eva until last just because they were nice to look at! [:D]

Good work. Thanks!
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Sounds excellent. I'm currently doing two more races for it and there'll be some other goodies in the next version as well.

The two new races will represent extremes. One is a diplomatic, friendly environmentalist hippie type race. The other is a fascist, feudal sort of police state which has problems with all other races in the galaxy than human. It's just fun creating factions and experiment with the files to get them to behave just as well or badly as I want.

God, I should be working on my mega mod with a whole new worldspace and hundreds of fans for Skyrim, but here I am with 65 downloads just because I'm having so much fun with it. I also started creating this mod to do a Let's Play with, but I always think of new stuff to add, so the LP hasn't materialized yet because of my constant tweaking. That's modding for you. [:D]
StarLab

Post by StarLab »

Sounds great! I shall be watching for updates! [8D]
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Human Revolution has been updated to Version 1.0. The main features in this update is two new races, and the new human Galactic Newsnet optional addon. See the top three posts in this thread for download link and more information.

Full changelog below.

Version 1.0 Feb 2013

- AI: Made the Eva a tiny bit more reluctant to go to war.
- AI: Reduced Eva willingness to colonize a bit.
- AI: Made the Eva and Ackdarians mutually dislike each other.
- Tweak: Renamed human troops for all factions. All troops are now "divisions". Cyborg - Mechanized Division, Merch - Mercenary Division, Eva - Valkyrie Division and regular human Armoured Division. The new factions have Storm Divisions for the Fasce and Defense Divisions for Grun.
- Tweak: Lowered Merch troop quality just a bit. They still have great land troops; don't let them get ashore.
- Tweak: Made Hive Mind the special government type for the Cyborgs, as should be.
- Tweak: Gave the Merchs another preferred flagshape.
- Tweak: Added some system and star names with connections to human history.
- Tweak: Removed Corporate Nationalism as special government for the regular humans. They should have Republic or Democracy.
- Content: Added the Fasce race, a Fascist Police State type race.
- Content: Added the Grun race, an environmentalist, diplomatic and really hippie type race.
- Content: Added the Human Galactic Newsnet as an optional add-on to this mod.
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

This is an awesome mod :D
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Thanks, man! And your ships are equally awesome. I use all of the designs in the shipyards now. I love each and every one of them :)
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Love this Mod! The Merch and Eva have actually been kicking my butt in some of the last games. Will DL this update ASAP.
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Thanks! I get kicked too, right now in my ongoing one. I'm playing the Fasce and the Humans are having their way with me. It's really nice to see.

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Human Revolution has earned a place in the ModDB front page rotator. I didn't think this would happen with this mod, but it's fun to be there. Again. I've had mods there dozens of times, but not recently. It makes me really happy to be there with this mod and this game! :)

[center]Image[/center]

People. Human Revolution Needs You! Be sure to vote for Human Revolution on its ModDB page too, if you like it, because it only has three votes and a 6 of 10 right now.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Wow! Good going Antiscamp!

Gave it a 10/10 to counter the idiot that only gave it a 1, and because it deserves it! [:)]
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yeah, that random internet idiot who gave it a One hadn't even played it. LOL.

Thanks for the vote, Igard, much appreciated! :)
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

Could you check and see if the "Declare War" message is missing from your optional Galactic News mod? My download does not find it. Thanks!

I see, you did not replace all the .PNG files, just some of them. Is this correct?
Old............but very fast
Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Yep. I only replaced some. Some of the messages seem to be constructed from several different .png's and I didn't touch them.

Do you actually see the declare war image in your game? I don't in my game, and I thought it was a leftover from previous versions of the game, so I didn't replace those paper notes with War Declared and so on.

Return to “Design and Modding”