Clash of Titans (Kursk 1943)

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Conrad mana

Clash of Titans (Kursk 1943)

Post by Conrad mana »

Hi Guys,

Here's a new map based uppon Hill 252.2 leading to Prokhorovka. It is here where the 5th Guards and LAH tried to capture the key junction on the hill.

I changed the title since I'm focussing on the area around Prokhorovka; Clash of Titans: Chapter Prokhorovka July 1943

Attachments
Hill2522_01.jpg
Hill2522_01.jpg (379.81 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Conrad mana

RE: Clash of Titans (Kursk 1943)

Post by Conrad mana »

Here a more detailed close up.

Attachments
Hill2522_02.jpg
Hill2522_02.jpg (904.95 KiB) Viewed 209 times
Conrad mana

Post by Conrad mana »

And another screenshot but this time the new main screen!

Attachments
mainscreen_01.jpg
mainscreen_01.jpg (263.15 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

nice work all around! did you make your own vehicle shadow or adapt from existing?
Conrad mana

Post by Conrad mana »

Well actually the vehicle shadow isn't alligned yet because there is not a tool for it currently and matrix games isn't responding but rather avoiding the question.

But yes I created the shadow with blender from a 3D object. Most objects you see are 3D rendered such as trees, bushes and telephone poles.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Conrad mana

Well actually the vehicle shadow isn't alligned yet because there is not a tool for it currently and matrix games isn't responding but rather avoiding the question.

Was there a question I missed? I did respond to your PM on this. We do not have or plan to make an additional tool for helping with shadow alignment. You set it by adjusting the offset values in the data text file that you need to have to pack the shadow images.

Steve
Conrad mana

Post by Conrad mana »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Was there a question I missed? I did respond to your PM on this. We do not have or plan to make an additional tool for helping with shadow alignment. You set it by adjusting the offset values in the data text file that you need to have to pack the shadow images.

Steve

Indeed you answered, but this reply sounds a bit more like an answer.

You mention the offset values, could you be a bit more specific? what kind of data text file which values etc.
ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The answers I get are not helpfull but rather avoiding. I have my respect for you and try my best to be humble in my approach but I'm just dissappointed, but maybe you are just a very busy guy.

All I'm trying to do is give my share to the community and making this a better place. Please enjoy the stuff that is being created out here we are also showing it to you [:)]

Kind regards,
Conrad
DAK_Legion

Post by DAK_Legion »

Why not create your new vehicle and shadow in 16bits?..your vehicle and shadow work in PITF and also you can use CCVehSDEdit a GREAT MAFI Tool for align the turret and shadow;)

A Simply solution;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... ads&cid=76

and thanks for the screens..GREAT;)

Good Luck Comrade!!
heia safari!
Conrad mana

Post by Conrad mana »

Thank you Legion

I will do my best to try and make it work. Steve could set you as an example of how to communicate with other people!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

You mention the offset values, could you be a bit more specific? what kind of data text file which values etc.

Sorry, I was thinking about the tanks.azp file data. For Shadows.azp the 'hotspot' is kept in the file name you use for your shadow.

So if you name your shadow image file "T34.spr.000.12.14.tga" the shadow will align with the vehicle hotspot by putting the pixel at 12,14 in the shadow image at the same location as the hotspot for the vehicle hull (or turret, if it's a turret shadow.)

One thing that CCMunger does that may make life easier on you -- it will automatically crop your images to remove any completely transparent pixels excess around the edges of your images (any row or column of pixels that all have an alpha value of 0).

So if you create vehicle hull, turret, and shadow images that are the same size and all centered in the same place, you can use the same x and y hotspot values for all these components. Of course to do this the images will all be larger than they really need to be, but that's fine as long as you just use transparent background pixels. CCMunger will crop out them down and adjust coordinates as needed when you pack the tanks / shadows files.

Steve
Conrad mana

Post by Conrad mana »

Steve that was very very helpfull! Thank you

Kind regards,
Conrad
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

One thing that CCMunger does that may make life easier on you -- it will automatically crop your images to remove any completely transparent pixels excess around the edges of your images (any row or column of pixels that all have an alpha value of 0).

Steve, doesn't work, or I'm missing something.

Attachments
no.jpg
no.jpg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 211 times

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”