Additional Scenarios

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

davidnorman

Additional Scenarios

Post by davidnorman »

Hi All
I cant find anywere any additional scenarios that other people have created, are there any ? Many thanks

Dave
ernieschwitz

RE: Additional Scenarios

Post by ernieschwitz »

Not yet, but soon, there will be at least one :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Soon or Soon™ Steam [:D]
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I think we are in our last test game(s), for the scenario. I am currently playing in two, trying to find out how long it is reasonable to let the scenario last, for it to be challenging. Also I am working on another "secret" project, a 2nd scenario, also for DC:WTP. That scenario is in the coding stages.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Only was a joke, i am allergic to the word soon used in games, i know games that are coming soon since 2010 or even earlier [:D]

Ummm secret project... i think in Denmark fighting german invasion, Operation Weserübung, Italian invasion in south France... are many options between historical and what if.

Good luck with it and in the test with the scen.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Only was a joke, i am allergic to the word soon used in games, i know games that are coming soon since 2010 or even earlier [:D]

Ummm secret project... i think in Denmark fighting german invasion, Operation Weserübung, Italian invasion in south France... are many options between historical and what if.

Good luck with it and in the test with the scen.

Some good scenario ideas among those. I think though that a resisting Denmark would be easily overrun anyway... And if i am not completely mistaken someone (pokes to Erik Nygaard) is already working on Weserübung. Italian invasion of southern france, ... a bloody thing... i guess one could make that... although it is neither of those :)

• Advanced Tactics Gold
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

The Italian invasion of southern France... now THAT is one scenario I hadn't though about.

Kinda inconsequential but, that doesn't mean it can't be an interesting scernario.
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

Well, for someone that wants to do a scenario for WTP...

There is the matter of Case Red. Yeah, maybe this one is the one ernieshwitz is working on as it has been mentioned before in these forums.

Then, for shorter scenarios, one can break down Case Yellow into Army Group B - 6th Army and the invasion of Belgium (much like the invasion of the Netherlands) as well as the operations of Army Group A (the invasion through the Ardennes) just by iteself.

You would not have to be a grognard to do the above two. Just take Case Yellow and delete, delete, delete.

Would make for some interesting smaller scenarios.

One could consider something along the same lines with Case White ((Army Group N and Army Group S) but that is different with the 2 day turns and different scale. Doing those with the 1 day turns would be a bigger project as that would mean a new map.

Another interesting scenario... hypothetical... the BEF is destroyed in France and Adolf and company decide to go for an AIRBORNE invasion of Britain. I haven't played Operation Sealion so not sure how different such a scenario would be from that.
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Well, i dont add the option to split big scens in game in sub-scenarios... i never understand why Vic doesnt add in small scens the invasion of Belgium and Ardenes offensive like he do with Low Countries invasion, for me play the full invasion of France/Belgium maybe is to much for a fast game... split it in 2 apart add 2 scens more into the game with small work (apart maybe some events to have some influence from the "other" scen).

South France scen with variants add another point in the game, historically was a small action but what ifs are for improve this hehehe.

Sea Lion as is in game, even with a weaker defender, needs send troops acroos the Canal specially armored units, for me with the variants is well covered in game.

Oooo other think i dont remember say, a scenario covering hypotetical fight in Poland between Germany and Soviets trying to conquest more terrain... this or a case white variant with full Poland (east to) where Germany and Soviets fight to conquest all they can conquest and Polish as jam in a sandwich [8|]
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

This is like a big jam session of ideas! I will certainly be taking notes, as to what scenarios i might be making in the future.

But no, none of the mentioned scenarios is the one i am working on... :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Ummm i am a little missing... what secret scen are in your mind... dont say me is Star Wars episode VII with units of dancers and singers!!!! [:D]

More serious now, a little clue maybe??? at least say is if a what if and year

Problem are not ideas hehehe are a lot of them, maybe even if i prefer something new split in 2 the France campaign is a good and relative fast option.

A little question about brown case (it sounds a little... "dirty" hehehe) is a 1 VS 1 scen or you cover the team game with at least a 2 VS 2??? thanks and good luck.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I will give a hint when i am ready, to playtest it, which should be soon (there was that word again)...

As for Case Brown or the Tannenbaum Blitz, whatever you want to call it... it is meant as a 2 player game, although I could imagine it being a 3 player game, with Swiss and French duties being pulled by two different players... but really, it is only meant as a 2 player game.

At present it is a 21 turn scenario (3 weeks)... and it seems to be fairly well balanced. My game with Map66 is in the last stages now... and it is uncertain, here at the last turn, if he will actually win or lose.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Vic

Post by Vic »

I have had a sneakpeak in ernies's Case Brown scenario and it looks really top notch to me :)

As for my ideas for possible new scenarios: What could be a monster 3rd party project that the game already has all the graphics assets for is to do a scenario in which the french (and early BEF) actually attacked through Belgium while the Germans where attacking Poland. I think this has never been done yet and this would actually be a game where the allies would have a serious chance to finish WW2 before it actually properly could be started. Yeah... its complete fiction in a way, but it really was the BIG worry of the german general staff at the time that the French would be so bold. Imho it was the thing that should have been prepared for (since they could have seen invasion of Poland coming) by the allies and that should have been executed. I think the Belgians would have surrendered quite quickly or even might have reversed their neutrality policy when faced with a french demand fight or join us. French troops could have been at the German border within a week. Furthermore the Polish would get the moral boost needed to hold out longer. The Soviets might actually abort their pact with Hitler. Lots of variants here. I wish i had the time to pursue this idea myself.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

That is a good idea Vic. I´ll put it in the notebook! :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: davidnorman

Hi All
I cant find anywere any additional scenarios that other people have created, are there any ? Many thanks

Dave

The answer to this question is now, yes, there is one. Case Brown (Tannenbaum Blitz) is now in the scenario bank.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

Nice, i download it... now need find some free time [8|]

Ummm i remember a TOAW scen covering the french limited offensive in 1939 but with a little what if with the chance to do something more than show the flag in the other side of the border... is interesting this reverse scen...but main question here is Belgium... i doubt BEF forcing their territory after declere war Germany to do it with Poland [:D] maybe as variant... and other with Belgium neutral to reduce the attack front.

Soon... the infamous word again hehehe.

But returning to present nice job ernieschwitz [&o]

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Hi there, all of you. Ok, soon (there is that word again Hexagon ;) ) i will reveal my secret project...
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Revealed: tm.asp?m=3280235
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Zaratoughda

Post by Zaratoughda »

This is a pretty good topic for a scenario ernie... one I hadn't thought of!

Will be watching for it's release.

Oh, did you decide to go for the 1 day turns or the 2 day turns?

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

2 day turns, 10 km hexes.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”