My shipsets and custom ships

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Data

RE: My shipsets and custom ships

Post by Data »

Well, Shark's from The Big Nowhere so whatever timezone you choose you'll surely...miss him [:)]
...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....
ajarnlance

Post by ajarnlance »

These look awesome. BUT when I tried to download them Gamefront says that the file is no longer available.... :(
"Resistance is futile" Locutus of Borg (aka Picard).
richbroughan

Post by richbroughan »

Anyone still got this collection?
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

He signed in about a week ago...
PM him and ask...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Cruis.In

Post by Cruis.In »

hey kalthaniel is back recently, I sent him a pm, no response yet, but this forum may not be good at alerting users to PM's. hopefully he sees this!

kal check your pm from me please! :)
Kalthaniell

Post by Kalthaniell »

Sorry for doing it after so much delay, but I've found, ordered and uploaded the old ships from this thread. I've posted the link in the download section of my shipyards thread (link). :]
chrono280

Post by chrono280 »

Hey Kalthaniell (any other modders), I've used your mods in DW and I wanted to know if you'd be interested in providing your ship art to a digital version of a space 4x boardgame that is being developed by GMT (other thread: tm.asp?m=3283559).

Sorry this is kind of a repost but I wanted to see if you specifically could help us out. Feel free to PM me thanks in advance!
RavenX

Post by RavenX »

These are all incredibly awesome!! Great Work indeed. :)
What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere
RavenX

Post by RavenX »

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

The main problem that I see regarding ship images comes with there being so few top down views,is there a reasonable program where you can generate a 3D image from an oblique reference image? Then grab a top down view off the 3D image?

It would be a slow process, but, if you also own "Galactic Civilizations 2" you could use it's custom ship builder to make your ships and rotate them to take a picture (screen capture) of them from the top down view-point that DW uses. Then you'd need the art software to scale down your screen capture and crop the pic to the right sizes (photoshop should work).

It would be a slow pain in the rear to do but in theory it should work just fine.
What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere
dostillevi

Post by dostillevi »

I just came across these and it appears the links no longer work. Would it be possible to upload these to a new location? Thank you!
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

I believe they are included in the CUSTOM SHIPS section of this post: [REL] Kalthaniell's Shipyards -Updated 02.01.12.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
dostillevi

Post by dostillevi »

Ah yes, they are. Thank you!

Return to “Design and Modding”